miss3sixty

can you relate to this?

Oh my God!!!!!!

Skydiving has taken over my life!
Does this sound familiar?

getting up early on days off despite being knackered

avoiding making any plans that you would later resent if it is jumpable

considering selling laptops, cars, myself? To pay for more jumps

sitting at work daydreaming and looking at skydiving websites just to get close to it

jealous of people not at work and obsessed with knowing who is jumping and who is also stuck at work

I hope there are people out there who feel the same!

I have done 19 jumps and have 4 AFF stages left to go. Ive got the famous 'hop and pop 'next !!

I love this sport more than I could ever have imagined and I fell it has totally changed my life.
However, everytime I walk towards the plane with my rig on my back, I always ask myself "why the hell am I putting myself through this?"
Then the minute I land, I am asking to get on the next load!

My best moment so far was holding a sitfly after attempting it for the very first time. Wooohooooooo!!

Worst moment - 3 second 'groping round my arse handle fumbleage' that felt like three minutes!

When learing to skydive, I think its really important to try and jump as regularly as possible and maintain consistancy. If I have not jumped for a couple of weeks due to other commitments/weather I get all my old fear back, but I suppose its good to have fear, it avoids complacancy.

ANYWAY
I just wanted to introduce myself and make a few on-line friends.

Blue Skies, sky swimmers!!!!
Miss3sixty

Skydiving- it has its ups and downs

Hey Rachel

Sounds like you got the bug too:P. I have been the same way since I started.I too have had a bout with sit flying (unintentional, over rotated on a back loop:S:S) Anyway, keep at it and have a lot of fun, I sure do. Don't worry too much about the heebie jeebies, I still get them just before every jump. They are there just to make sure you have covered your bases and are ready to throw yourself out of an airplane:P:P

Kevin

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!

Yep your bitten.;)

Welcome to the sport. I hope you have a LOT of patience. Mine is getting tested as it is very iffy the weather over here at the moment, windy and sunny or breezy and raining. Arrrrrrrhhhhh!!!!!!:S I have spent the best part of my weekend off staring at a windsock!!!!

Today I am at work and the sun is shining and no wind at all! Typical.>:(

Anyway you are perfectly normal and not demented or anything like that yet.:S:P Just be prepared for your non-skydiving friends to stop calling you to go out with them soon as they can't be arsed to have the converstation gravitate towards skydiving again and again.[:/]

Anyway good luck with your skydiving future and I hope you achieve all you aspire to achieve in this sport.B|

Hey, excellent another addict. Welcome to dz.com. You can add staring at the clear blue sky through the office windows to your list of symptoms. My ability to work always drops when the weather's good ;)

Good luck with the rest of your AFF

Gavin

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. If you don't take it out and use it, its going to rust.

14 years, 10 months, 29 days and 18 hours. I have never been without since my first jump. I am a Rigger, Commercial Pilot, Jumpmaster, Videographer, 4-way competitor. I met my wife at the DZ, she was my student, now I'm hers. My first child was conceived at the DZ (her name is Skyler Jayde Jacobson). I moved 9 miles from the DZ.

So, I can relate. It only gets better as you improve and learn. I have not stopped learning and improving yet.

Welcome to a world of endless fun and enjoyment, I hope you never leave. We can always use the company.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

***...Sitting at work daydreaming and looking at skydiving websites just to get close to it

I totally feel you!!! And I'm on a COMMISSION PLAN, which means I need to get this work done, so I can pay for tickets and gear rental and I still can't concentrate on it!!!:S

I just graduated from AFF yesterday and Saturday can't come fast enough. Good luck with the rest of your class and don't forget to bring some extra dough for the case of beer you'll no doubt owe once you're done. :D

most definatley. there's an intersection i go through on my commute to work and a right turn and a 10 minute drive and i'm at the dz. i've contemplated calling in sick many times sitting at the light when the weather is jumpable. but then i think of the money i could make towards a rig so i suck it up, go to work and wait for the weekend. blue skies
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

considering selling laptops, cars, myself? To pay for more jumps

Don't sell yourself. Get a boyfriend or girlfriend, then rent him or her out for extra income. In that
business, you're pretty busy on Friday and Saturday nights, and if you've tired _yourself_ out, you're
no good for jumping the next morning. :)

My best moment so far was holding a sitfly after attempting it for the very first time.

I was once waiting for a load and some other jumpers I knew were discussing their freefly dive plan.
One of them commented about the difficulty of a certain position and I (a thirty-jump wonder) piped
up, "Heck, that's easy, _I've_ done that!" They informed me that you have to do it _on purpose_,
instead of tumbling for 1000 feet after exit, for it to count... Same thing when my instructor told
me I had to do a 360 on my next AFF dive and I asked if I could skip that part since I had already
done dozens of them.

Worst moment - 3 second 'groping round my arse handle fumbleage' that felt like three minutes!

BTDT. Fun rigging fact: a pilot chute works WAY better if you *let go of it* after you pull it out...

Welcome!

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Hey where have I heard that one before, Just spent my only day off this week at home cause the weathers shitty and I've got to be back at work tomorrow and it's going to be fine>:(.
But I've been thinking about moving and getting a new job so I can be closer to the dz aswell.
Ahwell theres always next weekend.

That is so how I am feeling right now. Once I used to have something that resembled a life.

Yesterday I spent the day at a festival out of duty...beautiful blue skies and all I was was a miserable cow from start to finish. No fun whatsoever.

I could not even hold a converstaion with my non skydiving friends or even concentrate on what they had to say...it was as if I was off on planet skydive the whole time, drifting off and just nodding at them like some zombie, thinking "this weather will be at the DZ soon, maybe if I leave now I could get a few jump in by 6?".

Although I have only done a few jumps I really did think that just doing a few would sort this out. WRONG!!!! This is getting even worse by the day and the more I jump the more I want to do it. What the hell are we turning into?

Somebody HELP!!!!

Ha Ha, i am sitting here at work feeling excactly the same!
i never would of thought something could take hold of you so much[;) Its a wonderful sport full of wonderful people who all have one goal and thats to live life to the fullest.
i also get very nervous just before a jump but if you think about it, thats half the reason why we do it!!
I feel sorry for the ones out there who are capable but find excuses not to push the boundaries.
Good luck with rest of your AFF and i hope you stay with it.
Blue skies.