Jason42

Looking To Do First Tandem In a Few Weeks

I've been lurking on these forums for awhile and figured I would join.

I'm going to be going to Vegas in a few weeks and am thinking about doing my first jump(tandem) while I'm there.

What would be a good DZ near Vegas for me to do this at?

Thanks.

Hi! I am new here too! I just finished my AFF at Skydive Mesquite this past weekend! Brad (the owner) is a great guy! I've jumped there twice now. We drove down from Utah, and were visiting Vegas once and rented a car (pretty cheap too) and drove to Mesquite, about an hour. Well worth the trip. I'd recommend going there! Brad's website has his phone # and info. It's www.skydivemesquite.com. Hope this helps!:)
To borrow a line from Squeak...MY LIFE ROCKS!! HOW'S YOURS??!!!

Well I went, it was pretty awesome, and was not cold at all(well, it was but I didn't really notice). I'm not sure if I got much sleep the night before because all I could remember was being awake going from feeling nervous to excited like when your a kid and your going to Disneyland for the first time or something and can't sleep.

When I actually got in the air I was not nervous at all the only thing I had a hard time with was getting my foot on the step because the wind was so fast.

As far as the freefall goes I was far more intrigued then anything just looking trying to make sense of the situation and then realizing how fast I was going before the chute opened.

It's interesting how a 30 second freefall can seem like 2 seconds.

I'm for sure going again in a few weeks with a friend who is going to be doing his first jump. I'm probably going to go out to Perris this time since it's only an hour or so from where I live in San Diego and looks like an awesome place

30 seconds of freefall?
I don't know if you were replying to Brad or if you just clicked the last post but (if you went to mesquite) it was more like 50-60 seconds of freefall.

Where is your home dz,now?
My photos

My Videos