yamtx73

One more newbie!

Greetings all!!
Let's see, where to begin?? I did my very first jump Dec. 24th 1977 at Fort Hood, Texas (static line) before shipping out to Germany. After the service other things in life took priority (not to mention no drop zones in the area where I lived). So it's been a while since I jumped.
While visiting my brother I mentioned going sky diving, my sister-in-law was all for it so.... for my birthday (Nov. 19th) 5 of us went for tandem jumps. From there it was the same old story.. one freefall and you're hooked for life. Dec. 2nd I took my FJC and that afternoon was my first AFF jump. Looking forward to making my second tomorrow if the weather holds (nice thing about southern Florida is the weather).
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Yeah, it's been a long long time and things have changed drastically from the old round military parachutes we used to the square they use today, and going from an SL to AFF.. what a jump!
I've noticed quite a few from Florida here, after I get a few jumps in at Clewiston I'll start hitting some of the closer dz's (i.e. ones I can drive to in under 5 hours).
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...