simplycomplex7

AFF done, now what?

hey,

goto www.uspa.org and download or order the S.I.M.'s manual. it is the skydivers information manual.

read it from front to cover, it should answer those questions for ya, and alot more..

welcome to the sport, now you just need to make the trip to www.skydivethefarm.com so we can get you started on making you a kick ass female swooper one day.

see ya sometime, come say hello.

Im in the same spot as you, im mixing it up doing solos and coach jumps, and working to bang out all the requirements on that A card!

Good luck! :)

What do you do when someone throws a big planet at you?
Throw your pilot chute in defense!

Talk to your AFF instructors and have them direct you to a Good Coach... and start working on that A License...

Having been in your place a year ago... I also suggest getting out and doing a couple of fun (no pressure) solos, if you haven't done it already... Also, "marks" suggestion of getting canopy coaching is an excellent idea... I did one while still on student status and I learned a tremendous amout about the wing over my head...

Oh, and don't forget to have fun... ;)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

For "fun solos" - what would you reccommend I start with? I'm learning how to backfly at the wind tunnel and I want to learn how to sitfly after that. In the air though, what should I try for a fun solo? Sit flying? or Freeflying?
-----------------------------------------
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Welcome! Get ya A license, then coached jumps, then jump and remember you alway keep learning in this sport. Then keep on jumping with as many different people because you"ll learn something new on each jump and everbody has something to share everytime you get to the DZ.
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

newbie here, but i would say avoid what i did - doing a lot of solos just screwing around. get some coaching and get your A. especially work on tracking and heading control, it will serve you well if you get into RW.
best advice is ask up jumpers and S&TA at your DZ.
second best advice is have FUN!!! :)

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Congratulations on finishing AFF. Once I was done, I just wanted to go out there and be free and try out some flips / rolls, and eventually learn to freefly. Be careful on your first solos and be sure to stay altitude aware, an audible is a good idea when you start freeflying. If you get unstable, make sure you're belly to earth, relax, and arch hard.

Freeflying is usually flying headdown or in a sit. RW or formation skydiving is flying on your belly with others to build a formation. These articles explain them well.
http://www.dropzone.com/safety/Disciplines/index.shtml

Practice a little on your own, then try to find a coach or instructor to help you with the A license requirements on the yellow proficiency card, after you finish that, you can jump for fun with other skydivers who aren't necessarily instructors.

To get into swooping, downsize your canopy gradually and get instruction from an experienced canopy pilot. Don't push too hard too fast, get a lot of jumps on larger canopies before going to smaller ones.

Have fun, be safe, keep jumping and talking to knowledgeable people around the DZ.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

For "fun solos" - what would you reccommend I start with? I'm learning how to backfly at the wind tunnel and I want to learn how to sitfly after that. In the air though, what should I try for a fun solo? Sit flying? or Freeflying?

start off with brake settings, why not to look at the ground when landing, traffic pattern "why it is there", front and rear riser steering,stalling the canopy with brakes, and stalling with rear risers, rear riser flare, parasitic drag, wingloading.

want me to go on? get some coaching, or coem to www.skydivethefarm.com and i will work with you as much as you want, for free.;)