slowfallerUK

how very polite of you...

to have a special forum just for people to introduce themselves. that's pretty darned cool.

Hi everyone. My name's Tim and i'm a slow faller.

I have 23 jumps, and around 20 minutes' tunnel time, 19 of which was spent looking like a seagull in a jet engine.

I don't yet have a rig, but i've got a nice jumpsuit which i sometimes dirt-dive in whilst watching my Joe Jennings dvd just to feel a bit more like a skydiver.

When i get a better job i'm gonna get a rig and get my knees in the breeze again. I live in Hexham, England (find Scotland on a map and go south of the border a tad).

If anyone reads this who knows me, i'll be amazed. I'll be embarrassed too; this post is sh1t. Maybe next time i'll do a decent one, about something. Maybe i'll send in a photo of me looking like a rookie at the Aerokart Tunnel this May, clinging onto the netting with badly-sprained fingers and a look of frustration/self-deprecation on my face. [:/]

Sorry for this crappy post. Hi everyone. Hope to jump with you all soon :)

Ha bad post my left ear. I smiled the whole time reading it. Welcome to the party and you will be surprised when more than one person who knows you chimes in to say hello!

I know because it's happened to me a few times. ;)
HackB A.K.A. "Puppy"

I have 23 jumps, and around 20 minutes' tunnel time, 19 of which was spent looking like a seagull in a jet engine.

That's one of the funniest things i've ever read on dz.com! The mental picture was pricesless :D

Welcome to the forums, stick around, you'll be surprised at how many friends you'll make and how many people you know post on here.

But dude, the fingers on the net thing? Isn't that a big no no?

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

***But dude, the fingers on the net thing? Isn't that a big no no?

Yep it is, and i wouldn't recommend it. I panicked a few times and my first instinct was to grab on for dear life :( Focus instead on straightening one's legs and getting back in the airflow! My hands were killing me for about a week after that, as was my back, my chest, my neck, my ass, my knees etc etc ;)

Thanks to all who replied to my post; i guess what everyone realises in this sport is that it's VERY inclusive compared to other activities. It's a big buzz just knowing that all these other people have been on the same learning curve at some point, and apparently you're all still loving it!

Blue Skies and Feather-Soft Landings to you all, i'll probably see some of you in the various forums (fora?) at some point soon... and who knows, maybe at an actual DZ?

tim x

I thought i remembered them saying something about not touching the net when i was in the tunnel last! (it's been a while).
And i totally agree with that sore body thing. When i was tunneling i was doing a morning session and a night session with a full day of jumping in between. Hectic.

Take care!

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

knowing that all these other people have been on the same learning curve at some point

With 20 minutes of tunnel time on your 23rd jump, your curve is MUCH better than mine was.:P

I wanna see a seagull behind the jet engine pic !!

Welcome.
Larry
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

Ask and ye shall get, Luminous.
I've just moved house; as soon as i work out which box that tunnel footage is in, i'll upload some genuine Aerokart Seagull impressions for you all to try and emulate ;) maybe even one of me "stable", who knows?

Just fyi, i was wearing 22lbs of lead (vest and belt) in there too, and i'm STILL a slowfaller? i need to get some pies in me, right now.

p.s. i'll post those pics on the tunnel forum, look out for my post in next coupla days :)

cheers,
tim

hey, excellent! someone from my area! yeah, i intend to get down to peterlee sometime probably towards the end of august, so i'll get in touch with you prior to going, it'd be good to meet up.

i knew someone who was jumping at peterlee about 2 years ago when i first took my AFF. (tom something, about 23 years old, dark hair, that's all i can remember unfortunately) he said there was no door on the plane. true or not? lol, it must be baltic at altitude!

i'll have to hire some kit, and do a conversion to throwaway too before i can start jumping with others unfortunately, but after that it's time for some RW coaching :) can't wait to jump with others.

look fwd to meeting you sometime. cheers, tim

p.s. to answer your question, did all my jumps at Netheravon (used to live in bournemouth)

Think I know the Tom that your are referring too. He is still jumping at Peterlee.

Yes we have a Cessna 182 that does not have a door. Can be a tad chilly in the winter. ;)
There is also a Nomad at the moment.

See you soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

Yes we have a Cessna 182 that does not have a door. Can be a tad chilly in the winter. ;)
There is also a Nomad at the moment.

See you soon.

Yeah, but we'll have a door on the Cessna by christmas.:P
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk