daniel_owen_uk

Holy first post batman

Just thought I would say hello.

Did my AFF level 1 for charity in January and have just booked a holiday to complete the course out in Florida :) Although not going till November :(

Going to Skydive city, any advice you guys could give me would be much appreciated.

BOOM Headshot

Welcome:)
What a great idea to book your training at one of the top DZs in Florida. What made you decide on Skydive City? Are there a group of you going, or are you heading out there alone? Either way, you'll have a great time.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Welcome:)
What a great idea to book your training at one of the top DZs in Florida. What made you decide on Skydive City? Are there a group of you going, or are you heading out there alone? Either way, you'll have a great time.

After much hard consideration and debating the many many I looked into, it was the first one I saw :)

But seriously nice website, quick friendly responce to emails, and nicely priced.

I am going out there with a friend, she hasn't done much jumping either (1 tandem).

We are both looking forward to it like crazy though.

BOOM Headshot

You picked a good one!
Say hello to TK for me...

Advice?
Listen to your instructor! Run any advice you receive through him/her before you act.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I hear you.... well I hope it gets better cause right now I feel like I have a crack habit! I only have three jumps and I think about skydiving all the time. I even dream about it sometimes. All week everytime I looke at the sky, I want to be in it. I'm always thinking of ways to come up with the money for my next AFF as soon as possible (which is why it's really starting to feel like a drug habit)
Once I get licensed and finally have my own rig, I know I will still spend the same amount of money on the sport. I just hope that the fact that I am able to get more jumps in will tide me over until the next time I'm at the dropzone.

:( IT's really sad the way this consumes me.

Good luck to you and blue skies

~Amanda

SD city is awesome. If you see Laurie tell her Jason from New York sas hello, and I'll see her in feburary.
I am not sure who your instructors are going to be, but if it is Laurie buy her an Ice House that's her beer, and if you get any pictures taken try to get Tony. his pics are awesome, Bob is good too Bob Drinks Budwiser. Ask to watch the bad aff video in the bar.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Pretty sure its gonna be TK Hayes as thats the guy who I have been talking to over email (plus their website has him down for teaching AFF on the relevant dates).

Presume with your jump numbers you did some AFF there? What can you tell me about the place, equipment used planes flown etc etc.

BOOM Headshot

Ok if it is TK buy him a Killians ;)
I have a picture of TK's butt. I think it is the obligatory skydiving butt shot. Every roll of film has one lol. TK makes funny faces in freefall.

They Have 2 Twin Otters. It is a really cool vibe down there. They have camping. I don't rember who it is, but there is a guy who rents trailers for like 25 bucks a night. The hard dock cafe's breakfast sandwiches will repeat on you quite a bit. The student rigs are wings containers, and I am not sure but probibly a PD main canopy. They have a good gear shop on site. A rigging shop. A free fly coach. You can arrange tunnel time there through Sally Hathaway they'll even provide transport to Orlando. The bar is good 2 bucks a bottle 3 for a guiness or a boddingtons. They have a swoop pond. a huge packing tent. I am still probibly selling this place short.

In feburary I am heading back to finish up my aff if that is any indication of how chill this place is.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

LOL @ Killians, always good to know. And thanks for the info on kit/planes.

Don't really have a regular UK dz at the moment as I only have one jump at present, although that was at Hib, probably become a regular there, although I have a friend in newcastle thats doing AFF with me so probably be split between hib and her local one.

BOOM Headshot

hi ya

i've just completed my AFF at Langar, try and get down there if you can for a few jumps... its really friendly and all the instructors have loads of time to chat about anything you want... they told me the only stupid question is the one you don't ask !!!