lizzieuk

hello dropzone.com

Just wanted to drop a line to everyone and say hi, I'm relatively new to the world of skydiving and dropzone.com, but have endless enthusiasm for jumping, and the website seems like a great resource.

So hello, and I look forward to learning a lot from you guys ;)

Just wanted to drop a line to everyone and say hi, I'm relatively new to the world of skydiving and dropzone.com, but have endless enthusiasm for jumping, and the website seems like a great resource.

So hello, and I look forward to learning a lot from you guys ;)

WELCOME! You won't learn a thing from me because I'm just too darn new at it. But there's a ton of experience here, be sure to check out the Gear and Rigging and other pages, not just the social pages. Ask lots questions, not just here but of your instructors back home too.

British accent AND a skydiver chick ta boot. You'll be quite popular on this side of the pond :) Having had a couple smashing times in London, I know I'll never forget to mind the gap! ;)

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

He is right that being a brit will make you very popular in the states and being a girl will make you popular at DZ's worldwide (we dont see many skydive chiks). All around gd for you really :-)

But seriously how small do americans think the UK is talking about the london underground, your from newcastle ffs!!

Thanks guys, nice to know that skydivers in the US are as friendly as the ones I've met in the UK and Spain (where I did my AFF)

Yes, it is pretty funny to talk about London when I live in Newcastle, but I did live fairly near London until six months ago - the most fun to be had is in the Northeast however... drop in sometime!B|

xxx

Thanks guys, nice to know that skydivers in the US are as friendly as the ones I've met in the UK and Spain (where I did my AFF)

I don't think it matters where you go in the world, skydivers in general are pretty friendly people. I've personally only jumped here in Canada, so I vouch for the Canadian skydivers ;) .

Roadtrip!

My first night ever in your fine country was spent at a servicemans hotel in London, the stay had been previously arranged ... when I arrived it was very very quiet ... ahh ... rest after the plane ride. An hour later it was full of revelers back from the soccer game, in the hotel bar ... singing, pounding the bar, raising drinks .. no sleep now anyway so joined 'em. Drank drank drank and told stories until the morning, what an awesome people, welcoming me to their country, 'tell us about logging in Oregon, etc, etc." Mens men.

Turned in finally and slept some before heading out to find Kings Cross station, it's evening now I have a splitting headache and hang over but I finally find it. Once there, this voice like from the LORD ON HIGH HIMSELF is apparently VERY concerned about me falling into the gap. What gap? Apparently the four inches between the car and the station. Yeah, that could suck, but man, being warned every couple minutes? With mind-numbing regularity it aggravated my splitting hung-over tired jet-lagged still drunk headache to MIND THE GAP. I know I'll never forget it. ;) Love your country, be safe at the DZ

Russ

Hey Lizzie! About time you joined us on here.

Welcome!:)
Hibs was awesome last weekend, hopefully Emuriabrava will be the same but with nicer weather.....:P

See you at Plee soon....;)
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

PM sent ;)