Emel

Hi! I'm the new girl.

Hey everyone. Last weekend was my first jump. I went tandem because I thought it would just a one time adventure. But I got hooked. So I am going to do the tandem progression. I plan on completing level 3 and 4 this weekend.
Any tips or pointers ya'll have would be greatly appreciated. I am nervous about my first solo jump.

Life is best lived one jump at a time.

hey:

I felt the same as you. First tandem last week and now I can't stop thinking about the next jump. I am also looking to do the tandem progression. How has your experience been with learning through the tandem prgression? I think it is the safest way to get used to controlling the canopy.

Since I have only completed 2 jumps I can't really say since I don't have anything to compare it to yet. But I think if I have of done a solo jump first I might have been overwhelmed. I don't have any friends that skydive so this has been a whole new experience for me. The guys at the DZ have been great though. When are you making your next jump?

I'm hoping soon possibly by mid dec. Just finished a crazy vacation in Florida need to relent and pay the bills. I figure by mid dec early jan I should be able to stockpile the cash to go full throttle. I'm a little concerned with the weather where i am it is about 50 degrees now and will be about 40 or lower in mid dec. when i jumped in Florida it was 80 but at the exit point it was about 50, i did not use a flight suit or helmet. I was trying to figure out how to keep warm at altitude so i can enjoy the ride. If I would have known how awesome this sport is I would have been good on vacation.

On my first jump I had on a jumpsuit, no helmet and didn't even notice a difference in temperature between the ground and the exit. May have been excitement but I don't think so. On my second, same jumpsuit no helmet it was quite chilly at the exit but warm on the ground. I am wondering myself how I am going to keep warm through the winter months because I am wuss when it comes to being cold. I'll let you know if I figure out something good.

That's awesome! Pretty easy to get hooked, huh?

Same thing for me. I did one tandem while I was out of work. I loved it so much I ran home and the next day went to every temp agency in town to find at least some sort of job and the next week signed up for AFF.

You are jumping in Georgia, so when you think it is cold, just think about the people jumping in Chicago!

Have fun and be safe!!!
Killing threads since 2004.

...I am nervous about my first solo jump.

Yep, right now you probably are...BUT...by the time your first solo comes about, you will well trained, well aware and well prepared to handle it....either that or you instructors will NOT let you make a solo until you are.

So, relax, don't fret it, go with the flow and when the time comes I'm sure you will feel less anxious and more excited about doing a solo.

Congrats....

Blue Skies and stay safe...
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Hi Emily! Welcome! :)
Its totally natural to be nervous about your first solo jump. But you will learn everything you need to know to get yourself down safely. My first jump was crazy, but I was safe so its all good. You can read about it
here if you're interested.

Good luck with your progression! :)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Sadly there isn't corn around for me to land in. It's either the landing zone or the woods or some houses or the airport. I am hoping for the landing area but not in the pond. That would suck.

Hello Emel Im bigfall and i have just started my
training this year. I started out IAD and did my first
jump solo and it was fantastic. The rush you feel
when you step out is is unbeleivable. I'm sure that your first solo jump will be just as great and just as
safe, just listen to your instructors and don't be
afraid to ask questions and you will be hooked
for life. Have fun

STEP OUT AND FEEL THE RUSH LATER!!!!!!!
STEP OUT AND FEEL THE RUSH!!!! LATER
SKYBOMB

Ha ha very funny. How long did it take you to think that one up???? How about "new girl to the sport"! Is that better?

The point was....So, relax, don't fret it, go with the flow.

Life is too short to be taken too seriously!
Besides, it cuts into the skydiving fun....:S:D:S:D

Good luck on your training, eh?

...It's either the landing zone or the woods or some houses or the airport. I am hoping for the landing area but not in the pond. That would suck.

The Farm is not too far away from you is it? Huge landing area, great people, etc., etc...

http://www.skydivethefarm.com/

So roughly how far is the farm from Chattanooga, TN?

I haven't made the drive, but I would say between 2 and 2.5 hours depending on route and traffic. Probably about 40 minutes further than you are driving to get to Rome.

Other Tennessee DZs that may have bigger, better, safer landing areas....

Chattanoga:
Skydive Chattanooga, 1-888-305-DIVE(3483)

Knoxville:
Skydive Knoxville, 1-888-305-DIVE(3483)
Skydive Smoky Mountains, 800-528-9968 or 865-577-9798

McMinnville:
Skydive Tennessee, (615) 529-2971

Memphis:
Adventure Skydiving Tennessee, 800-642-JUMP (5867)
West Tennessee Skydiving, 901-SKY-DIVE

Nashville:
Adventure Skydiving - Skydiving for Tennessee, 1-888-490-DIVE(3483)
Nashville Skydiving, 615-672-2855
Skydive Nashville, 888-565-JUMP

Paris:
Skydive Paris, Inc, 800-789-5867 or 901-642-4433

Tullahoma:
Tennessee Skydiving Center, 1-800-483-DIVE

Careful w/ some of those suggestions. A couple of them are not actually dropzones and will just redirect you to a dropzone nowhere near those places. Note that if you google 1-888-305-DIVE you also come up with Skydive Albany (GA) and Skydive Alabama.

Careful w/ some of those suggestions. A couple of them are not actually dropzones and will just redirect you to a dropzone nowhere near those places. Note that if you google 1-888-305-DIVE you also come up with Skydive Albany (GA) and Skydive Alabama.

Yeah I called the 1-888-305-DIVE and it redirected me to AFC Skydiving in Cedartown, GA.

welcome to the sport !! i spent most all of my summer there in rome doing my training(s/l,iad) my s/o was my jumpmaster and we had a great time there at Rome,,tell sandor lucky and p-nut says hello..the farm is only about 20 miles from rome and is where we and many of the other roamin romans are now jumping at..all the other DZ's mentioned are also good ones with(in my opionon) the exception of cedar town,,ackk phifft.....you will get very good training from sandor he is a very good teacher,,and when u get off of student status and wanna expand your wings come to the farm,,u won't have ne troubles finding someone there that will jump with u,,many including my p-nut love to jump with rookies..so relax enjoy and soft landings

liv 2 luv
luv 2 liv
lucky summoo1
If there are no trials in life,how will u know what is really imprtortant
liv2luv
luv2liv,,,SUMMOOO 1

lucky

You shouldn"t be nervous at all. Whaat you should be concerned about is paying for the new addiction.
HA HA HA

ain't that the truth,,lol,,me thinks i need to change my name to luckyalwaysbroke,,

liv 2 luv
luv 2 liv
lucky summoo1
If there are no trials in life,how will u know what is really imprtortant
liv2luv
luv2liv,,,SUMMOOO 1

lucky

,tell sandor lucky and p-nut says hello..

I should be seeing Sandor tomorrow. I will tell him. Thanks for the info. Once I get out of "student" status I plan on visiting the farm. I have heard a lot of great things about it.