Grandpa

The new old guy

Just wanted to say hello as the new guy.I just started skydiving about 4 months ago at the age of 60 at Skydive San Diego. It has taken me 7 jumps to get to level 4 (definitely not a natural) but I'm having a ball.:)

"I know JUST enough about skydiving to know I don't know ANYTHING about skydiving"
XGS#1

;)Welcome to the forums.. Most of us weren't naturals either, but we made it. Good luck on the rest of your aff jumps, listen to your insturctor & have a blast... I also started jumping a little later on in life than most people, but I can't think about doing anything else.

Blue skies...(With big puffy white clouds!)

lori

I had quite a contingent from work for my Tandem (when I got hooked) and for my first AFF jump. Most think I'm supposed to be "old enough to know better" but that's because they have never felt the adrenalin rush. My daughter is behind me (albeit with reservations) and my granddaughters think grandpa is "cool". It is very difficult to be "cool" at 60 but I managed it. ;)

"I know JUST enough about skydiving to know I don't know ANYTHING about skydiving"
XGS#1

We must be from the same cut. I just passed my level 8 two weeks ago at Perris, CA and I'm 54. Yep, "gramps" is cool. So a big welcome to the sport from another newbie and we shall live long with a new passion for life.

Blue Skies!
Craig

Thanks for the welcome Hooked and Craig. It may be quite a while before I get to Washington but Perris is really close (I went there for the wind tunnel once) maybe I'll get to meet you Craig.

XGS#1

Thanks for the welcome Hooked and Craig. It may be quite a while before I get to Washington but Perris is really close (I went there for the wind tunnel once) maybe I'll get to meet you Craig.

Let me know when you go up there to Perris, I've done a few jumps there and I'll go with ya anytime that I'm around...

It's great to have found an AFF 1 classmate of mine,
see you at the DZ
Nate

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Grandpa....as an older skydiver myself, I welcome you. You are going to have the time of your life....

Here's a fun organization you may want to look into...
http://www.thepops.org/usa/index.asp:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239