gonecountry

What to expect?

Hi all. I've been lurkin' here for a while, and I think I'm going to go do my first jump tomorrowB|. I live in San Antonio and the closest DZ is Skydive San Marcos. Any feedback on them? I used to be a SCUBA junky, making 200-300 dives a year, but the ocean in San Antonio isn't that great.;). So it's time to hang up the fins and try something new. Wish me good luck.
--------------------------------------------------

In order for evil to flourish, all a good man has to do is nothing.

Welcome. . .I am sure someone from Skydive San Marcos will be around any minute now to tell you all about it. . .

Enjoy your first jump. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

I think that's the way to go until I find out if I really want to pursue this as a hobby.

That is a good choice!

SD SM has some great folks, I'm sure you'll have a great time!B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

What to expect? Addiction... poverty... itchy feet waiting for the weekend... a crick in your neck as you constantly watch the weather...

Its ALL good!!B|:P

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

First of all, welcome to the forums, and good luck on your jump today! B|

HERE in the Dropzone section of this site, 6 people have rated it, so you can get some immediate feedback. Also, you could send each of the dotcommers that rated it a PM (Private Message) with more questions.

Also there are a coupla threads HERE and HERE

Hope this helps!
Arrive Safely

John

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think today is going to be rained out. >:( The worse part, I'm leaving town for three months on monday, and I don't think there are any good DZs in Haiti. Catch you guys later.
--------------------------------------------------

In order for evil to flourish, all a good man has to do is nothing.

Sorry about getting rained out. Becareful in Haiti. I spent 6 months down there during the last big mess, 94-95. I was in Limbe the first time and Belladere the second trip. It will be an experience that you can't imagen.

*****Why would anyone jump from a perfectly good airplane? Because it isn't much fun if it's broke.****