lorysflight

Hello

Welcome to the forums! :)this part of the site. It can answer a lot of your questions that you might have as a newbie. Start out with a tandem, I'm sure you'll love it!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Welcome and good luck on your future jumps. You might want to check out Dropzones on this site. Locate the nearest dropzone and give them a call as well as post another thread asking for jumpers from that Dropzone. Everyone here seems to be more then glad to help out one another.

*****Why would anyone jump from a perfectly good airplane? Because it isn't much fun if it's broke.****

hi lory,

i saw your post in my thread asking if my tandem was fun, but since you now have your own thread, ill answer you here with a huge HELL YES! :D so fun in fact, that my husband and i both decided to go through AFP this spring when our local DZ opens. i am in absolutely no place to give any kind of skydiving related advice, but i will say this. i would definately reccommend tandem first. this may not apply to everyone and im sure many many people did their first jump solo and did it well. but i personally cannot imagine experiencing skydiving for the first time and being in that much control! i think i would have enjoyed it lesss. tandems are great in that you get to experience the feeling of freefall and being under canopy without having to worry about much. not saying you shouldnt be aware during a tandem, but you have someone very qualified and experienced attached to you who can take over if something goes wrong, or you freeze up. again, take my advice with a grain of salt..just my thoughts and personal preferences. good luck and have FUN! you'll remember the experience for the rest of your life!!!!!

mel
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

Nah, I've been hanging around here and in the sky for quite sometime now;)

You can check out a persons profile by clicking on their username and find out who, where, when and how they like to skydive and how long they've been hanging out on DZ.com amongst other things.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Welcome Lory, You are going to love this sport! There are so many good people in this sport. No matter where you go. One thing I can tell you is, they will not let you down. They will allow you to progress in "Your Comfort Zone". Enjoy and Blue Skies

Dave Smith

In Christ
Dave Smith