SullyFlyer

When once you have tasted flight... I'm here to stay!

Hi everybody. I'm new to the sport and to the forums. I've been lurking for a little while, but here's my introduction:
I did my first jump in Aug03 in Maine and went to DeLand, Florida on xmas day with 40 jumps. Now I'm back up north with 92 jumps and a couple hours of tunnel time (That thing rocks!).
It was pretty obvious for me after my first jump that I'm here to stay. I had my own rig before I got my A License. This sport is awesome, but the people are the best part. (It's all about people and gravity I guess.)
I also like Backpacking and I'm hiking the Appalachian Trail starting in April04. I'll be done in time for the WFFC.

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to have missed you in Deland, that's my home dz. I hope they treated you well!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yeah, I know of lots of sites that describe gear they used, miles hiked, where they stayed, and the great people they met along the way. I don't think I'll put up a site like that after my hike, but I do plan to create a journal so it's a possibility.
I did just find out that I have to hike faster than expected because the WFFC starts on the 6th. I was planning to finish on the 19th (my birthday) but now I'm changing my plan to accomodate my new addiction.

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...