lemonjelly

A big hello to everyone that I've not yet met

:)
I am so new it's unbelievable
I've done 2 RAPS s/l jumps and I must have impressed someone as I'm now told to start my dummy pulls for my first F/F, either that , or the guy wants me 'out of the way':o

I started juming as a means to raise money for a charity trek across the Sahara Desert,which I start at the end of Feb this year.
After my first jump, and the huge rush that came with it I knew I was well and truly hooked!

I kinda found this site by accident, so, let's hope it's the only accident I ever have.

Eager to make some new 'jump friends' both in UK and abroad while I tread the path of those who have gone before me.
:)
RED LIGHTS & OFF LANDINGS ARE JUST MY THANG
http://www.redlightrob.co.uk

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm trekkin 120km from Ourzarte crossing flats and climbing dunes up to 50m high, chilling out at Oases. We've Berbers to guide us

I've been out of training for a month now due to Xmas and all but all of a sudden, the leave date is fast approaching and I've suddenly realised that I need to 'get down the gym'

In aid of Scottish Society for Autism.
I hope I make it!:)

Welcome! Have fun and be safe on that trek. I spent 2 years in the New Mexico desert while in the Army, and i swear i'll never go back!

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

welcome to the forums
you mean Ouarzazate in Morrocco ??
don't forget... there's french clubs jumping in morrocco that period :
Benni Mellal (between casablanca and marrakech)
and Taroudant (between Ouarzazate and Agadir)
for more info check in the french speaking forum...
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

Welcome LemmonJelly,

I saw your other message about AFF, you have my sympathies for the "weather hold". I have learned a lot about patience and how to develop it since becoming a skydiver, arghh. It's inevitable that you will spend the rest of your life waiting about at the dz like the rest of us. And you thought it was going to be easy? B|

Welcome once again.
:)Dave.
My favourite saying is under construction...

Yep, Your'e right it is Ouarzazate!
Too many Z's
;)

I don't excel in the French language but I'm VERY interested in jumping in/ around Marrakech. I'm chilling there for a few days after the trek (assuming I complete it)

Which is why (re: my post in general skydiving discussions) I want to get off that S/L before then.

If you can put me in touch with one of the French jumpers, I would be extremely grateful

In UK, several charities have this on offer, Basically, you raise say, a minimum amount (normally £360). You then jump for free, Either Tandem or S/L.
The cost of the training and jump are deducted from the sponsorship cash and the charity take the remainder.

I paid fro mine out of my own pocket and encouraged my friends to jump for me. I've now introduced 8 people to the sport, 5 of which are carry it on.
they have contributed a whole lot towards the £2000 I needed to do this trek, so, if there are any of them out there.....
Get lost, you aint gettin your money back:D

If anyone wants th edetails, drop me a P/M and i'll get back to you.
(Hope i'm not breaching forum rules:)

I'll drink from the Camel's hump if I have to!!
This will be my fourth desert:)But I think this one will beat all, hands down, I can see myself laying down at an oasis, circled with palms, dark sky, staring at the stars