newsstand

New to the forums

Just got started here with the community. I "started" skydiving back in 1978 and got in four jumps over the course of about a year. Winds were always to high (over 7mph) for students on the rounds.

Last March I took my oldest son to Skydive San Marcos in Fentress Texas and we did tandems. We both loved it. I had a little cash windfall in the way of a bonus at work at signed up for AFF. I am now a licensed jumper and looking forward to learning a lot more.

Anybody jumping in central Texas needs to visit SSM as we recently got an Otter after over a year of smaller aircraft. I was fortunate enough to be on the first load and talk about a bunch of pumped people. I'm not sure we really needed the engines to get off the ground.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Not yet, as a college freshman he has a cash flow problem. He starts a new job next week and I am trying to talk him into saving the money up. Don't mistake this for talking him into jumping, just saving the money.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Not yet, as a college freshman he has a cash flow problem. He starts a new job next week and I am trying to talk him into saving the money up. Don't mistake this for talking him into jumping, just saving the money.

-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

I'm also back in the sport after 16 years. I was in the army and did some static lines and hop and pops back in Cuba in 1987 with old russian gear (UT-15). I'm 38 now. Just did my AFF2. My home DZ is SkydiveSWFlorida in LaBelle, FL.
I was missing a lot of fun guys.:(
Alejandro
B27585

I know what you are going threw. I was out of it for 6 years. The guys at my DZ give me crap for ever leaving. But never again!!

Not the experience I had at all. When I pulled out my original log book to have entries added to it it got a lot of respect.

-- Oliver Wendell Holmes