charlesg

Un-friging BELIEVABLE!!!!!!

Why I waited until I was almost 47 years old to experience this is beyond me !!!!!
Saturday was my first tandem progressive jump and wow !!!!!(And that will NOT be my last jump).. Never experienced anything even close to that Rush.. Still don't think I've come down from that High!!!
Skydive Headland (Alabama) was a great group of guys and girls.. made the experience perfectly non-stressful and super enjoyable..
Jumped at 10,500ft and got to experience FreeFall (Hell No, Flying!!!!!) to 4,500ft.. Perfectly blue skies, very little haze. as if you could see for ever..
Under canopy was great also, assisted in guiding our chute down. Another great experience with the turns and moves we made on the way down...
After Stepping back onto Earth, and I do mean stepping...and After my yell of excitement...
It was easy to look up and think of the quote that I have read from experienced skydivers !!!
"That is why birds sing"

If you didn't pick up on it ???
I did have a somewhat enjoyable time Saturday !!
later
gary

Actually, I think I will make one more tandem. For the VERY simple reason the first 3 to 4 seconds of my first one was - let's say a blurrrrrrrrrr.. wonder why??? Then start my Student activites with AFF or static line... which way would you suggest??/

AFF is the way to go and you might consider going right to AFF its not unusual to forget parts of a skydive. Even during AFF you'll have a hard time remembering parts of the skydive, its common.

If your dz has IAF, you can use your tandems as part of your student progression. That's what I did and it was very nice having someone else in charge of things for the first 3 jumps. The reason why you don't remember much from your tandem is called sensory overload and it happens to most people!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I would suggest either AFF or Tandem progression. Tandem progression gives you a little more time to get your feet wet regarding the whole phenomenon of jumping out of an airplane. But if you feel comfortable jumping out by yourself sooner than 3 tandems, by all means, go AFF. You get a little more experience with canopy control that way. But either way, you get to enjoy a nice, long freefall, which is my favorite part of any skydive!

Blue Skies, and welcome to the forums!

Kelly

AFF or static line... which way would you suggest??/

hmmm? AFF or Static Line? I would have to say Static line is fine if you had never heard of AFF. Since you have already done a FreeFall now doing static line will definatly be a huge step backwards. I started with static Line and My first jump was great but I had no FF experience. Once I did my first FF it blew the static line jumps right out of the water. So my answer is AFF all the way. I personally think it's safer as well.

Welcome to the forums, sounds like you had an awesome time. Good luck with your progression and...

Blue Skies! :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Congrats, and welcome. I did IAF. That way the Tandems are part of the learning curve. Good luck, and keep us posted on your updates
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

"Why I waited until I was almost 47 years old to experience this is beyond me !!!!!"

I know the feeling. I'm 49 and can't understand why I didn't do this years ago! I've only done the second tandem and now on to the third this week-end. Can't wait!
My first jump was in Sept...... I haven't come down yet!

Fly high. Be safe and Land smooth