sdgregory

After many military jumps ...

Well, as I have seen in this forum, I am yet another newbie! I was in the Marines over 13 years ago and received my jump wings while there but felt like I was missing out on something. Static line jumps were cool, but, I have been waiting for 13 years to go skydiving.

I finally did it! My first jump was this Sunday. It was a level 1 AFF. My second jump was this Sunday, my level 2 AFF. My 3rd jump was, you guessed it, Sunday! And it was, yep right again, my Level 3 AFF!

Holy Moly! Why did I wait so long?! I have seen some of what people have written and I must say like them I can't eat, sleep, think or talk about anything but this Saturday when I am going to do (can you guess?) Bingo! My 4th, 5th and 6th level AFFs! I am hooked, addicted and just about ruined for life. I have ridden motorcycles for years and wanted to buy a couple more but now I am not spending a dime on anything but Skydiving! I want to get my class A before winter comes! I have to I got I need to, I must oh my goodness I am freakin out. It was better than I could have ever imagined!

Why would I want to spend my time on the road when I can spend my time 14000 feet above it?! The only riding I will be doing now is on my way to AerOhio! This weekend was the most fun I have ever had. My wife thinks I am nuts but my kids think it is cool. They are begging to go when they turn 18 now. I may have started a family tradition!!! Woohoo!!

Sean

welcome to the party! Just listen to what everybody has to say and do your best to find the "knowledge" in it all! Its great! WElcome!
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Welcome to the sport side of things. I'll wager you were able to demonstrate PLFs to the delight of the class.

I trained in the S/L method 26 years ago and it was good enough, but AFF is far superior as you are finding out.

Enjoy!!!
Mike Turoff
Instructor Examiner, USPA
Co-author of Parachuting, The Skydiver's Handbook

Mike,

Yeah that was funny, I ended up being the PLF guinea pig for the class but that was cool. What was even better was that my third jump was a stand up landing 15 meters from the Target Flag!!!!!!!!! Try doing that on a round military shute!

I cannot wait to learn all the cool dive maneuvers and swoop stuff, of course one thing at a time. This weekend is gonna rock!!!!!!!!

Sean

Hey there!

Welcome to the most fun and the best 'family' you will ever have! You are one of the privaliged few who can really enjoy the sky!!!!

Happy Jumping ;)

Bx
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

WOOHOO!!!!!!! Oh, man, I just did my levels 4,5,6 AND 7 yesterday! Talk about a busy day! Levels 6 & 7 were by far the most fun I have ever had.

Back flips, front flips, barrel rolls, 360's, diving exits! I was freaking out by the time I hit the ground. I only wish there had been more time. I was on the first flight and the last flight of the day. Man what a hoot!

Can't wait for levels 8, 9, 10 &11!

Sean

Cesslon, we have 25 levels. Actually it is 23 levels with level 24 being a graduation jump and level 25 being a free jump with some of the liscened guys. I think it is a great system, I am learning so much in a relatively small amount of jumps and love the way they do things here.

Hey Kelly, thanks! I was having entirely too much fun. I hope to be there this Sunday if at all possible. Maybe do jumps 8 and 9. Otherwise I would have to wait two weeks and I do not think I can go that long without touching the sky! You going to be there?

Sean