Monkeyb

New member, hi all! :)

Back in March I decided to go for my first tandem skydive, and it was the same as everyone else here... I loved it!

Last weekend I went in for my first AFF course and knew I was addicted. I'm now ready to go through and get my license.

This place seems like a great online skydiving community so I've decided I'm going to roam these forums along with the rest of you.

With that said, anyone know what the best DZ's are near Los Angeles? I'm going to Skydive Elsinore right now, but I want to scout out my options.

Is it possible to take one level at one place and another level somewhere else, or do you have to stick to the same DZ until you have your license?

I look forward to some good discussions :)

Welcome ;)

I am not an AFF instructor yet, but I will try to answer using some common sense. It is better to stick to one place because it is easier for both and your instructors to guide you trough the whole course. For many people AFF is tense because every level is exam. You don't really want to add new variables such as new people, new landing area and new planes before you at least graduate. Also starting at one place and then going to different dz will probably cost more since there is a higher chance that you will be asked to repeat some levels.