Demian

New Addict - Looking for others

:S

Greetings all,

I'm a new jumper, a few days away from my AFF Level 4 jump.

I'm in Los Angeles, and I jump out of Perris. I'm very new to this, and so far I'm VERY hooked. I think it's not just the sport I'm hooked on though. We go to the Perris DZ as often as we can, sometimes just to hang out. There is an atmosphere there that I haven't experienced anywhere else.. It's a truely awsome place.. I feel that I've made a whole slew of new lifetime friends.
Having said that, I'm basically just looking for the rest of you out there with the same killer personality that we've found at the Perris DZ.

Perris Staff; Gary, Pat, Uli, Vinny, Alex, John, Kai, Misty in the BombShelter, Blue and Frank in Square One, and anyone else I've missed... you're all THE BEST....

Remember when sex was safe, and skydiving was dangerous?

Welcome to the wonderful world of skydiving. You are right about the atmosphere. I started back in September and from day one you realize how different it is down there. Like my DZO has said many times. "You work with people on the weekends that in normal life you probably have nothing in common with." Enjoy and be safe.

Patrick

Welcome Demian, both to skydiving and these forums.

The "vibe" you speak of that draws you to the DZ just to hang out, you may find hard to explain. I have chosen not to seek a definition for it, but to just enjoy it.

I agree with Andrea that it can be found just about anywhere.

This virtual DZ has a vibe all its own, which you will no doubt enjoy. Say hi to our host, Sangiro, when you get a chance. Thanks to him we can visit this DZ as our virtual home when circumstances are keeping us away from our worldly one.
Arrive Safely

John

demian,
Thats a skydive vibe! its awesome! if you havent heard it yet you will

"its not just the sport, but the poeple in it that kep me here"

anywhere you find a group of skydivers you will feel that vibe! weird
My photos

My Videos

I know how you feel. I started jumping in Sept. at Chicagoland Skydive in Hinkley. I have been to many dz's in the past six months (Chicago weather sucks during the winter months). Every one I have been to has treated me the same. If your a skydiver you always have friends. If your ever in Chicago check out Chicagoland Skydiving Center. It's a smaller DZ but full of personality.

Welcome!
Life doesn't have to be perfect in order to be beautiful!