j3ckyl

new to the sport at 16 yrs old

i recently did my first jump on tandem and it was for charity for a good friend of mine. after the initial fears and terror, the rush hit me full force and the experience was immense. I think that im gonna take it up but first looks like im gonna have to get a job lmao.

You did your tandem at Brunton, but you live in Glenrothes, both Errol (Dundee) and St Andrews DZs are way closer if you want to continue jumping, or hang out at a DZ.B|
Or was there another reason for jumping at Brunton?

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Hi there! I wish I had started when I was younger. There's a guy on my drop zone who started in high school and packing as well. Soon after he turned eighteen he had enough jumps to get his tandem rating. Now that would have been the life, sky diving to pay for college!!

hi there!!!

me too started jumping when i turned 16.... but as allready said, make sure to get proper education... don't do it as i did, totally fell into skydiving, never finished college, and now live by the help of part time jobs and pure luck....
anyway, do it as you want, just don't regret it afterwards (i sure don't ;)

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

yea it is a great thing starting young. i am 17 and i have 129 jumps to date and am loving it. The only prob i have is that jumping gets expensive quick. luckily i got all of my own gear adn get to use my dads gear when he aint usin it now the only thing i gotta pay for is jumps( gets rather expensive rather quick with no job)