flygirl60

My first jump!

Hi made my first jump a few days ago and I am hooked. I jumped tandem because I wasn't sure how I would react my first time exiting the plane, but not only was I comfortable with it, I fell in love with skydiving. I had a wondeful tandem master, mike gruwell who, I could tell not only knew what he was doing but made the effort to explain what I was to expect and, after hearing from others who have done one jump and never went back, I'm glad I was lucky enough to be introduced to the sport by someone who acted like he was introducing me to a new sport rather than someone who was just giving me a quick ride. I am now determined to get my license. Now that I've been up there I can't imagine not going back!

Welcome to the wonderful world of skydiving! I did my tandem this time last year and had exactly the same experience. There was no way I could have left it at just one jump as so many people do. You have many many adventures ahead. You'll have a blast! Enjoy!
Jo

Welcome to the forums! :) Delve into the forums and the rest of the site here, you will be able to learn so much information. And if you have any questions, just ask!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hello and welcome.

When I did Tandems I always tried to explain as much as the time allowed. I also was able to convince others with a group who were not jumping to at least try it. Skydiving is not for everyone but it should at least be tried once. I never had anyone say they did not like it. A few said it was not for them but they enjoyed the ride.

I even got some cards from some of my students when I got hurt.

Good luck in the Sport. Most important just have fun.

Take care,

KRAAAAAMER!!!!!
The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Congradulationson your first jump! On April 1st my younger brother (I am 35 and he is 27, not to old to start is it?) and I made our first tandem jumps also, in Florida. WOW, I have not stopped talking about it since. I am hooked, and so is my brother! Our families are getting tired of hearing about, but jumping is truly a life experience. We plan on doing another tandem jump, and we are not sure what to do after that. Any advise from anyone would be cool.

We plan on doing another tandem jump, and we are not sure what to do after that. Any advise from anyone would be cool.

If you are thinking about going through the student program and becoming a skydiver, you could do the IAF progression. That program begins with 3 tandems, and then you go on to jumping with one instructor for the rest of the levels. It was the way I became a skydiver because I just wanted to do the tandems, I didn't have any intention of doing this on my own. This sport can be very addictive! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

after hearing from others who have done one jump and never went back

Thats what I hear a lot of people do, I can throw myself into that category because after the first I wasnt about to do that again. Not real sure what made me want to come back.

This came up with me when I started. I realized that if I wanted to continue, it would be too expensive to do tandems, so I wanted to see what the rest of it was about. I concluded since I wanted to keep jumping, I would take the AFP course and learn more. Jumping was not what I thought it would be. It was better.B|
|

I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143