mddudek

Another newbie intro

Hi everybody! New to the forums and still new to wonderful world of skydiving. I started in 94 in Tennessee, made 30 jumps but had to take a long sebatical due to getting married , have a couple kids, go to graduate school, etc. etc. But the wait is almost over. Wife has agreed to let me buy a new rig once we get credit card bills paid down. YEA!!!!! When I finally do return, I'll be jumping at Archway Skydiving near St. Louis (Vandalia). Anyone jump there?

MichaelB|B|

Welcome to the forums. Good luck paying off those credit card bills! I hope you get to join us back in the sky soon.
Do you have an attachment, or are you just being a big tease? ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

welcome fellow newbie, I dive in kansas,, about 6 hours drive from you. I have only been here a few days but dont think there are many divers here from the mid-west. Good luck with the CC's

With courage being greater than your fear, jump into the unknown and enjoy the best that life has to offer.

I have only been here a few days but dont think there are many divers here from the mid-west.

You must be kidding, right? My BF jumps at Archway occasionally, and there are lots of people on dz.com from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, etc. Try searching the DZ.com Skydiver Database to find fellow midwesterners. AndyMan and I jump at Chicagoland Skydiving. Pay us a visit when the season begins again in March! :)
-P
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

What's been your BF's experience at Archway?

From what I can tell, he always has a great time when he jumps at Vandalia. He has two 20x24 photographs of himself in a six-way over Archway. Kinda cool. :)
I couldn't tell you anything more than that since I haven't been down there with him, though! Here are some reviews that other dz.commers have written about the place:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/dropzone/review.cgi?ID=322

And I'm sure you've been to their web site... Archway Skydiving Centre. Looks like a great place to jump!

-P
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Michael,

Anne(FallinWoman) and I jump at Archway...I loved it so much I just moved down here to St.Louis from Chicago area...well really it was because my family's down here and so is my GF.....so anyway...look us up...there are a ton of us who are on here who jump at archway...

Indyz, Fallingmarc, CanopyCuddler, FallingILweenie, FreeflyCracker, Skymedic, FallinWoman...it's a great place...I love it...but also plan to jump out at quantum..as I tend to like to spread the love so to speak...in chicago I jumped at all three DZ's.....

anyway...have fun...see ya soon

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

I jump at Archway occasionally. Hanging with the peeps there is awesome, they're a fun bunch. Lemme know sometime you'll be there once the season starts and i'll come down to meet ya.:)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Thanks to Skymedic and Sunshine for the posts on Archway. The place does seem cool and laid back. All the reviews I've read of the place are very positive. That's very important to me b/c the owner of the DZ I started jumping at could be such an asshole -- he sure didn't treat me and some other newbies as important to his business.

I look forward to meeting y'all!

Michael

-the artist formerly known as sinker