Simondesaint

Stupid question

Not a stupid question at all

Most tandem masters won't take a student if the weigh over 225. there are a few reasons for this.
1- unless the tandem master has very storng legs, there is an increased possibility that he or she can do some real damage to thier knees if the landing gets rough.

2- most tandem paracutes will not support the weight of two people of that stature.

there is another way to get to skydive if you excced the "tandem" weight limits, but understand this is a judgement call of the owner of the dropzone.

you can go through any number of other student progression courses. examples = Advanced FreeFall(commonly called AFF), static line or many others.
but you may need to call around to some dropzones to see if the have equipment to handle such weight.

here are a few links for you too look at, you should find a list of local DZ's here....
http://dropzone.skydivewww.com/
www.uspa.org

good luck I hope you find what you need;)

My photos

My Videos

You probably already know that there's a DZ in Seneca, which you can check out HERE

There's another in Chester, a bit farther away, but they have a bigger airplane (Twin Otter), check that one out HERE

Call them and discuss the weight limit issues with them. Many DZs are equipped to handle larger students.
Arrive Safely

John