AndrewKarnowski

Cinci crew is just a state of mind...

It's time for another one of those public thank you letters on dropzone! aren't you all excited...

I went to visit the cinci crew for a week of jumping. They took me under their wing, with single digit (base) jump numbers. and taught me a whole bunch.

Long story short, my week visit turned into TWO MONTHS. They gave me a place to stay and treated me like family. I had some of my most interesting life experiences with them.

- Watching people lose hats in freefall.
- Naming towers after lost hats.
- my tallest jump to date.
- learning to static line.
- watching someone freefall the same thing I was about to static line.
- staring at a guyed wire under canopy.
- learning how cool freestanders are.
- 290 foot outside climbs.
- waiting for forklift operators to go inside, and having more come out.
- tree landing.
- jumping a vented canopy and seeing the difference.
- five dollar milkshakes at the cathedral.
- Jim's driving.
- seeing experienced people decide to go handheld from 325 because they were just as tweaked out as me.
- finding out that pegs suck; up and down.
- ....and so much more.

Thanks again cinci crew, I love you guys!!!

I really enjoyed jumping 4 separate objects in two states for a total of 2500' of climbing in 24 hours. 2 of them daylight jumps.

that was the shizzy.

those cincy boys just need someone to step in every now and then and show them how real men climb... ;)
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

Nice! Sounds like a shitload of fun doode. Good to hear

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

Yep. It was fun. The quote of the two months was definitely ...
"Cinci crew is just a state of mind"
hahaha.

Don't forget about:
- snow jumps!
- you deciding not to jump, ground crewing for me, then rushing up the A as soon as i land!
- ZP!! .. and sadly.. the graph that i still don't get 100%.
- you're first slider up A .. 900' in 15 degrees with 20mph winds at exit .. and the other jumper waiting patiently freezing his ass off :-P
- the look on TJ's face when you were doing your first HH
- naming doggie style. enough said.

haha come back.
Nathan

I really enjoyed jumping 4 separate objects in two states for a total of 2500' of climbing in 24 hours. 2 of them daylight jumps.

brett... it was <20 hrs. geeeeeeeeez. that extra 4 hrs is like 3 more jumps. get it right!!
Nathan

that extra 4 hrs is like 3 more jumps. get it right!!

If that were the case, it wouldve been 15 jumps in 20 hours and my name would be miles.
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

Something tells me you have their phone numbers and email addresses after spending so much time with these fellas........ so my antipathetic question is.... is this post really to thank these guys, or to show off to the world on what you have achieved during this time? Dont insult us with what you actually are trying to show here......

no hes just new and proud.

thanks for your condescending input, from the other side of the world.

lighten up.

Something tells me you have their phone numbers and email addresses after spending so much time with these fellas........ so my antipathetic question is.... is this post really to thank these guys, or to show off to the world on what you have achieved during this time? Dont insult us with what you actually are trying to show here........

Dude, why do you always have to be such a fucking dick? We've had this conversation before. I've bragged on these forums and you didn't give me shit. Why do you go on to criticize others.

I'm sorry we can't all be the underground god that you pretend to be. Let us bask in our own glory and share in the awesomeness that BASE is.

Do we really have to drag this up again. Didn't you quit BASE for a while?

Tom, you can delete this post and ban me. Mac knows I love him anyway.

*throws in a forum hand grenade* and sees what happens.......

TooZents, I love you too....

if i had that much fun in so little time, of course i post it too. enthusiasm for the sport...
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

....... so my antipathetic question is.... is this post really to thank these guys, or to show off to the world on what you have achieved during this time? Dont insult us with what you actually are trying to show here......

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=704024;#704024

Something about glass houses comes to mind.

I guess since it was a long time ago (4 years), you outgrew this kind of online thank you thing....

Lighten up. Kids proud and sounds like the locals are quite hospitable... sounds like a good thing.

_j

I love the internet.

Love base more though.

BTW, you forgot to mention destroying my PC on one of your first PCAs :P Yeah, I know it wasn't your fault...
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=704024;#704024

Something about glass houses comes to mind.

I guess since it was a long time ago (4 years), you outgrew this kind of online thank you thing....

Lighten up. Kids proud and sounds like the locals are quite hospitable... sounds like a good thing.

_j

Difference was I was congratulating someone else (not thanking them)... subtle I know (I do realise the US struggle with subtle), but still a difference.....

Well done

Difference was I was congratulating someone else (not thanking them)... subtle I know (I do realise the US struggle with subtle), but still a difference..... :P

:D

:D:D hahaha... I do struggle.... My spelling sucks too....

I understand....

The Cincy crew should have put out a post congratulating Andrew on obtaining some good base experiences!

_j

The Cincy crew should have put out a post congratulating Andrew on obtaining some good base experiences!

_j

;) better someone else blows your horn then you blow it yourself hey! :P

Something tells me you have their phone numbers and email addresses after spending so much time with these fellas........ so my antipathetic question is.... is this post really to thank these guys, or to show off to the world on what you have achieved during this time? Dont insult us with what you actually are trying to show here......

You got me! shucks... I'm trying to show off the fact that I hung out with the coolest freaking people on the planet for two whole months!!! ;-)

HELLS YEA!!!

OMG!!!! I forgot the best memory of ALL!!!!

- getting vaginal spermicidal foam on my canopy!

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2658465

ha ha ha ha ha ha

the coolest freaking people on the planet for two whole months!!! ;-)

Thats only your opinion......... we have all met people we think that of, but if we all posted this everytime it happened this forum would be full of personal messages that only a handful of people really care about....

Tell you what, I will post everytime I meet cool new people, and see how long it takes you to think I am a wanker in doing it....... I bet not long....

PS) Dan and Adrian.... fucking cool weekend, thanks for taking me to your local sites and showing me some new canopy shit.... you guys are hardcore..... Love your work.... (see how that does not interest you?)

Thats only your opinion......... we have all met people we think that of, but if we all posted this everytime it happened this forum would be full of personal messages that only a handful of people really care about....

It already is, I'm just proliferating it more ;-)

Tell you what, I will post everytime I meet cool new people, and see how long it takes you to think I am a wanker in doing it....... I bet not long....

I really wouldn't mind...

PS) Dan and Adrian.... fucking cool weekend, thanks for taking me to your local sites and showing me some new canopy shit.... you guys are hardcore..... Love your work.... (see how that does not interest you?)

It doesn't interest me because you didn't give details... come on, embrace the audience. What kinda of jumps did you do. where are they from? what did they show you about canopy? maybe I don't know that either? embrace the audience!!!

I kind of like reading it actually. It shows the spirit of BASE, and also gives me some entertainment. :-)
Nathan

I just want to meet TomDancs.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

is this post really to thank these guys, or to show off to the world...

I assumed it was both. I'd be boasting on here too if I'd accomplished so much (and trust me, when I do, I will be), and it's also cool to hear about how awesome that crew is. Thanking people in private just isn't the same.

Personally, I like to hear some of the "you guys rock" along with the "this stuff will fucking kill you". I'm not getting the full taste if I only get the acrid without the sweet... :P
Looking for newbie rig, all components...

I just want to meet TomDancs.

I hear he has the best Bacon.