RyanofOZ

PD Reserve vs. Aerodyne Smart

This is what I was told when looking for reserve:
PD packs bigger than others in same size (too big for my rig), Smart or Techno would be good choices.
Techno (and I guess Smart too) only comes in white, if that would be an issue to you.

I got the Techno, haven't tried it yet ;)

Why would the color of your reserve be an issue to anyone. When you go to your reserve, you are no longer sports parachuting, you are trying to save your life and color will not help at all.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Why would the color of your reserve be an issue to anyone

Rumor has it that color affects pack volume...I don't really know, and it should never make that big of a diff anyway.

I like to have a HIGH visability color reserve..A color that does not match my main.

That way people can see me, and I can tell what is what in case I get both out.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Based on info I had gotten from Aerodyne's old website, and other sources, the Techno and the SMART are of the same 'bloodline' (closely related).

A handful of the designers that worked on the PdF Techno moved to Aerodyne Intl. and worked on the SMART design, and incorporated many of the design features of it into the SMART reserve.

j

Techno (and I guess Smart too) only comes in white, if that would be an issue to you.

Not true... I have a very nice sky-blue Techno...

Well, that's what they told me, that they only come in white... Now I'm becoming curious, haven't seen it before it was packed. But not too curious... B|

And as far as color being an issue: maybe I should have added a ;) behind that.
Color could be an issue if you want something highly visible in case you have to be hypothethically rescued from a hypothethical swamp or so... Or like Ron says: if you want some contrast from your white (or skyblue) main.