Mac

Leave a letter, leave details

If you BASE jump, make sure you leave a letter of your wishes, details on all contacts of your family (even if you dont keep in contact yourself - this is most important), details of where wills are held, who to contact, what the fuck to do next.

Without these things, its fucking hard trying to get things done. Its expensive, its not fair, its a fucking horrible thing to search and sort out without any information at all.

BASE is something we all know the risks of taking part, but there is no fucking excuse in not having everything in place to help everyone afterwards.

Get it fucking sorted now....

Seans revenge for all the hangovers he didnt showed us he had:D

My deepest respect for what you guys are going through theese days mate.

Thanks for your call it really made my day...

But as Mac says,please leave notes or be sure that someone knows in case..
I cant belive the feelings Mac and the rest are having first the loss of a great fella then need to dig in his private stuff to get info out..

Keep strong mate.Your doing good.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I wrote that letter in Tom A's first jump course (thanks to Tom) and he is hanging on to it for me in case something happens.
I've got this really hardcore group of gaurdian angels that need a free paid vacation.
~Dan Osman

what happens when tom goes in? we lose all the letters of all the FJC kids?

my god this is sick humor

I'm guessing Cheri has access to all of them, and would either keep up with the sport to make sure they got to the people that needed them, or would get them to someone that she trusted would take care of it.
I've got this really hardcore group of gaurdian angels that need a free paid vacation.
~Dan Osman

what happens when tom goes in? we lose all the letters of all the FJC kids?

I think you have a fair point.

I have made the letter in copyes,and given them to people i expect to be arround in case shit hits the fan.
My Parents will always have a copy telling that i want mt BASE family to have my ashes to be spread from different exitpoints.they also have info on key persons to me in this sport.
Some people in this sport has this same paper aswell,and Lene aswell.

my god this is sick humor

Actualy when evrything has set i do belive sean owe us all a pint or two at the otherside;)I know ill get mine,if i keep my time line;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Mac makes a great point which others echoed. I would
like to encourage you guys to go a step further (especially
those with families).

I got hit on a motorcycle and during the 3 weeks in the hospital
and 4 surgeries I went from simply being an "Organ Donor" to
filing detailed "Advanced Directives" and drafting a "Will".

More Information on Advanced Directives & Living Wills

Skydivers & BASE jumpers are responsible, prepared people who
should not leave this burden to family and friends... One bonus
is knowing you won't be hooked up to machines for an extended
period, unless that is your wish. ;)
Rigger, Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Retired TM

I wrote that letter in Tom A's first jump course (thanks to Tom) and he is hanging on to it for me in case something happens.

I wrote a letter like that in Tom's class too. When I wrote that, a year ago sitting at IHOP on day 1 of the course, I just put down all the sentimental bullshit I thought I was supposed to write. I just wanted to get it done so we could go jump. I think I need to redo it and actually spend some time on it and put down some useful information and instructions for the people I leave behind.

i believe it is one of those things that is very hard for people like us to do without convincing or instruction.

even though you know there is a chance of death, the big picture in your mind says YOU will be fine for fear of ending your life against YOUR terms... which, of course, is very unlikely unless you're specifically suicidal.

i have strolled in many places where my chance of death is much, much higher than that of a parachuting accident... where i've been specifically instructed to arrange such documents, but yet still declined.

maybe it was due to a feeling of superstition. i'm not sure.

in any effect, it is a reality check.

do what is right for you and your family.

I have made the letter in copyes,and given them to people i expect to be arround in case shit hits the fan.

I keep all such documents (relatives' contact information, bank account numbers, doctor info etc) in a ziploc baggie in my freezer. I figured it would be the safest place in case of a fire, and my friends think it's weird enough that they won't forget it.
Looking for newbie rig, all components...

Weird, i totaly agree with mac:P

I do have a serious side sometimes

Weird, i totaly agree with mac:P

we need a one eyebrow raised funny look smily.

Lately too often mate[:/]
Just need to know were you hide your letter,if its up your arse its as bad as not leave any,belive me im not going there:P (hope you see my black humor-well i know you do but not sure the rest does:D-at least the weiv made you smile...)

We will meet again soon mate.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber