Mac

Black Vision / red piping / light blue and white cruislite

Black Vision / red piping / light blue and white (Battered) cruislite

if this sounds like a rig someone you know has / had, and they have sold it on eBay, please can you PM me.

I have this rig now after it was sold via eBay to a skydiver just off AFF who asked someone I know to look at it to find out if its ok to jump off something...

Im gonna get flamed for this..

So what? I guess you're gonna flame the seller for not checking up on the buyer. In my opinion base equipment is just another piece of goods, just like a skydiving rig or a pack of sugar. What if the AFF bought a skydiving rig and decided to jump off something, would you blame the seller? What is he bought a VX and killed himself skydiving? Still sellers fault? People are stupid and people do stupid things, always have and always will.

If it was advertised as a perfect rig for someone finishing AFF I will get in line with you to give the seller a beating though...

In my opinion it's irresponsible to sell a high performance swooping canopy to someone just off AFF.

Definitely both parties fault. Which means the seller definitely has some responsibility there.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Im gonna get flamed for this..

So what? I guess you're gonna flame the seller for not checking up on the buyer. In my opinion base equipment is just another piece of goods, just like a skydiving rig or a pack of sugar. What if the AFF bought a skydiving rig and decided to jump off something, would you blame the seller? What is he bought a VX and killed himself skydiving? Still sellers fault? People are stupid and people do stupid things, always have and always will.

If it was advertised as a perfect rig for someone finishing AFF I will get in line with you to give the seller a beating though...

The only way I can put this into something I understand is that when I was selling heroin, I would only sell it to people that understood what they were doing. I would never sell brown to someone who only had smoked weed or was a minor who should know better...

Would it be my fault if I sold smack to someone that could not handle the brown blanket though non expericence and ended up OD'ing? Hell yes... it would be my fault... or do you think the buyer is just as at fault as me?

So sorry I disagree with you...

I'm a bit of a Darwinian, I say if they go in because they bought a rig on the internet and didn't find out how to use it properly, well...it's their own fault; however...somebody's object somewhere is going to get burned if they do. That should be reason enough to be careful who you sell BASE gear too.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

it was sold on eBay by a Brit. some months ago I believe. They wanted an insane $700 US or so.

I have heard this defense before and I don't agree. If a dumbass dies off an object, regardless of that dumbass's number of jumps, experience, quality of gear, whatever... it isn't just the SITE that gets heat, its the local CREW, and ALL of their other less secret objects.

just my two cents.

the really messed up thing is that this is the way our sport is moving, away from personal responsibility and accountability. What ever happened to the supporters on the side of the fence saying "if we don't save this sport, who will?" instead of sitting on the other side of that fence, foolheartedly assuming that, "one dumb ass can't do anything that could seriously impact our ability to continue jumping"

ok, maybe four cents worth...

-SEth
BASE #958

Did you market your product under a label? ;)

Not that... it was just simple...

Mac's Smack and Crack
Why hang up when you can bang up

:P