phoenixlpr

FXC modell 12000

Yes it has a factory calibration cycle. It's been a while since I delt with one but I THINK it was two years. With the change in part 105 this is now legally madated.

If your trying to fit this to an experience jumper rig, you probably want to reconsider. It probably won't fit, the rig will have to be modified if not already set up for it, most newer rigs probably may not offer an FXC set up, it weighs a bunch, and is relatively inprecise on activation and leads to two out quite often for skydivers pushing lower. We routinely set our student FXC's at LEAST a 1000 feet below the hard deck canopy open altitude.

http://websearch.cs.com/cs/search?query=guardian+fxc+12000&x=0&y=0&fromPage=CSBoom

That said the USAF academy has 200-300 student rigs set up with dual FXC 12000's, one for the main and one for the reserve. They are they're own service station.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

We routinely set our student FXC's at LEAST a 1000 feet below the hard deck canopy open altitude.

The warning sticker on the control unit reads, "Caution. Main canopy opening must be 1500 feet minimum above the unit preset release altitude." [My emphasis.]

Mark

You might contact FXC-Guardian, Corp. The FXC-12000, must be chamber tested every inspection and re-pack of the reserve or after use. Every 2-yrs., the unit must be returned to the manufacturer for calibration and inspection.

Hope, this helps.

Chuck