nicknitro71

Moab, MAY 14-20, 2006

Hey,

Got the tickets already flying into Grand Junction, CO, just me thus far.

PM me if you what to share a room/car.

Later!
Memento Audere Semper

Ooops, I missed that you said May, the marathon is the same week but in March! Sorry for confusion...

Nitro
theres so many totaly sweet spots to do tard overs there. I'll have to show u them you dirty Kaffer.
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

Try to rent a 4WD (with insurance ;)) and stop by Slickrock Campground when you get into town. Matt the owner jumps and there's usually other jumpers there as well.

Nitro
theres so many totaly sweet spots to do tard overs there. I'll have to show u them you dirty Kaffer.

yes Nick, by all means, feel free to follow magot's example and betray Marta and Jimmy's trust and good nature.

not likely, i know.

be safe
have fun

kleggo

betray Marta and Jimmy's trust and good nature

Do you really think that's what he did?[:/]

Maggot got very over-enthusiastic and made a bad judgement call which compounded some gear selection and set-up errors.

He certainly never meant any harm and had no intentional disregard for Jimmy or Marta.

He did in fact step it down a few notches from the previous few weeks at the Perrine, so I'm pretty sure he was not disregarding Jimmy's words of caution to the jumpers.

He was just wrong on where to have drawn the line for sensible behaviour.

The good news is that he is OK (and so is Marty and the other guy who got intimate with a rock wall, as far as I have heard).

And also that he now realises his mistake and he has made a generous contribution to the Apex MOAB Rescue Fund (as has Marty) as part of making amends.

If you want to talk about trust, realise the amount of trust you are putting in someone when you entrust your physically-challenged friend to them for an FJC.

As for the comment to Nitro, well that's obviously a joke and just Maggot's sense of humour.

Sorry for the rant, I'm a little tired of hearing people rag on Maggot for the wrong reasons.

I'm OK with people calling him a dumbass for getting himself into that situation.

I'm not OK with people saying or implying he wilfully acted with disregard for Jimmy and Marta or any jumper or person at Moab, because that's just not the truth.

and that's all I have to say about that

cya
sam

yes Nick, by all means, feel free to follow magot's example and betray Marta and Jimmy's trust and good nature.

I understand that's your opinion so here is mine: Totally inappropriate and out of context.

Sam, I could not agree more.

Maggot, understand that many on this board do not have sense of humor so don't be surprise to get these types of responses.

On a different note: The 4X4 rental is ridiculously high...I have to save money to buy lots of ropes to bring down the Maggot next time he tard-overs;)
Memento Audere Semper

Maggot, you are a funny fucker. Keep it up and join the real base assosiation. The jump where ever I fuckin want too, and jump wherever the fuck one presents it's self asociation. (jweifwtajwtfopisa), Let's get it startin in here.

edit for site name

This is not a joke, and it's no longer funny.

You folks made it very unfunny when you started in with the death threats.

Stop now.

I've banned you from this forum for 30 days.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I'm a little tired of hearing people rag on Maggot for the wrong reasons.
I'm OK with people calling him a dumbass for getting himself into that situation.

I agree with the first statement, but feel the second is just more of what you are objecting to in the first.

Maggot was not being a dumbass. I'm sure he thought there was no unnecessary risk in what he was attempting. While there certainly were issues he did not take into account, I think he was just being naive and hoping for the best. Not the best choice, but clearly not the actions of a dumbass. The primary thing Maggot did not take into account is the effect his hangup had on the boogie, but he didn't intend to have a hangup in the first place.

I think Maggot is a very lucky person to still be around for the kickin', and I think it brought some reality of the sport to people's eyes without serious injury. If it had not happened to Maggot, it probably would have happened to someone else and the consequences could have been far worse.

Enough said...

I agree magot is the coolest guy I ever met. I just met him in bar a cuple of weeks ago. And the next night. He took me to a" B" and lent me gear to make my first BASE jump. And then he did a tard over, just to show me how cool he is he is a God
Spread LOV!

Did you sleep with him? Cause he keeps tellin' me about some chick and how hot she is for him. It would make much more sense if it was you instead of some hot chick....

I guess that 1st jump went OK, your able to post. I think anybody can base jump. Even wall strikes seem to be becoming less hazardous. Look have many people have lived through them recently...