avenfoto

high-angle rescue...

looking for info regarding high-angle rescue, particuarly, if someone gets stcuk on the wire, how could one initiate self rescue....? not the stuck person, but others on the load...
sling+biners over the wire w/a tagline to hold weight/lower to jumper?

this is pretty much the only solution i could come up w/... thoughts?

I can loan you a book that has all that info in it.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

For that kind of info, check out ropesthatrescue.com.
They teach rescue techniques specifically for this kind of thing. Many of their instructors are TRT fire fighters and I have had the pleasure to be trained by a few of them. I highly recommend them

looking for info regarding high-angle rescue, particuarly, if someone gets stcuk on the wire, how could one initiate self rescue....?

Moscow crew did a practice rescue run at their legal 1200' A a couple of months ago. This may give you some ideas:

http://people.skydive.ru/drluv/GA.html

bsbd!

Yuri.

Here is a picture of the book that shows the title and authors at the bottom.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I think I have an idea for a person hung.
You need 2 lengths of rope some caribiners, a brake to lower the person be it an "8" or a bar rack system. You start by attaching the system to the wire with a caribiner by either climbing up to the tower/guy attachment point and letting it slide down to the level you want, or if the person is low enough and you can get to the base clip it on the bottom and pull it up. I thing the first way would use less rope.

You lower the system down as close to above the person as you can and then anchor off the blue rope tightly. By anchoring it off when it tries to slide down the wire when it gets loaded by the jumper it can only go so far before the blue rope tightns up. This is going to act as a anchor point, and a place for the load to change directions. You then lower the red rope to the patient and have him attach himself. He cuts away and then he is lowered to the ground with your braking system that is anchored off at the tower.

I am in contact with a guy that teaches Antenna rescue for a company called ROCO all over the world. I told him what the situation is, and he is going to come up with some ways we can do rescue ourslelves with out alot of equipment that would other wise have to be brought if we called 911.