mac2501

new to BASE

hello all , im new to BASE i have over a 1000 skydives and now i want to try something new , i would like some info on were to buy kit and what type i should go for , also any jumpers in london want to drop me a line please do

cheers Mac

If you live near London you should already know a few blokes over there jumping.. visit www.basejumper.org and post there its the UK BASE board.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

You have at least a couple of experienced and active jumpers at Sibson, they would be a good place to start for advice.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

You sound quite non chalant about it and obviously have not done any research about it. Let me know how it goes.
take care,
space

Hi

The UK site is up and down at the moment. I don't know if you have posted there yet cos I can't check, but taking it there is the way to go forward.

And to reiterate a previous post, ask at your DZ for the active jumpers and seek them out and talk to them in person....it's always better that way.

Regards

ian

gents thanks for the advice, i will bear everything in mind , but i still want to give it a go ,i have thought about all the things that can go wrong , but im still up for it , i will probably start off in Norway , as for Zodiac's thread " i say no " i dont give a toss what you think , if you got something constructive to say fair one , if not take your face for a shit ,

regards Mac

again gents many thanks

mac205.. it's about YOU and YOU only... no one can encourage you or help you from doing it! A few more jumps and base parachute packing and I shall be on my way to... I hope... That is what I always say to people: I always, always wanted to jump from bridges, buildings (and all the B.A.S.E) but it might happen that after a jump I realise I don't like it... or get addicted to it, like in skydiving! First it was just to burn time while I didn't have snow for snowboarding.. now.. how cares for snowboarding!?"

Kisses
CV
Fly high, dive deep and live in between

I was gonna say, that's exactly how i feel.

I was looking for paragliding, but the skydivers got to me first. Thought I'd humour them for a jump with my presence..and shit, thousands of pounds down the line, look what happened! B|

BASE? Gonna give it a go. Might come down thinking 'never again' (and actually mean it, unlike after my first dozen or so skydives), but i'd like to think not!

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com