DexterBase

Baffin Island

I am curious, NO BULLSHIT!

Who would be willing to go to Baffin Island this year?

There are a couple people that are interested. Looking at about $3500 for the trip.

No guides. No helicopters. Just hiking, and jumping.

Anyone seriously intersted, and have the money to do it?

Depending on the dates I would definitely say I'm very interested. It's a long way from Norway where I'm at, but I went to Venezuela to jump Angel Falls, so I guess Baffin Island should be no problem. And of course, I'm not scared of the weather there either :)

-Jo Henrik

I've been in contact with a guy who's been before, and is looking to go again. I will PM you guys his contack info.

I could be up for a trip of such description. Let me know.

Gunnar

Uhh, you want fries with that?

At least Gunnar won't be sweating too much that cold climate! ;)

Chad, I'd be up for the trip too.

Baxter.

I have some footage from Joe jennings that did a piece on it and i have a short take that was on discovery channel also about 3 guys who sleadded it and climbed up. One guy got frostbite if i remember. I'll burn a copy for you if you dont have it and send it to you. Pm me your address if you want it...B|

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

you guys will need at least a fortnight off too...unless you go to the southern end and do the two big ones in the park.
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

Trip will probably be about 3-4 weeks. At this point, due to the remote nature of the area and lack of a helicopter or fast rescue ability, only experienced jumpers will be going on the trip. (Imagine sitting with a broken leg, or worse, for a minimum of a week before a doctor looks at it.)

I'm glad to see an actual interest in this trip, so I can start planning out more details and lock on a tentative time window.

we spent 17 days on the ice...could have done with more...if you go to the obvious place that red bull went to you will be about 20 hours from medical help...if the weather is bad it could be like you said ...and you will more than likely croak up there if you do anything too drastic...get hung up and youre dead...dont anticipate doing lots of jumps...you will be very lucky with one a day...climbers in your team are a must...some of the exit points there need ropes and some take anything up to 16 hrs of mixed route mountaineering to get to..let me know if you have any questions and ill give you all the info i can...
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

Hmmm,
looks like a small reunion of the recent Angel Falls tripB|.
Nice cover shot of Jo at AF on the cover of Skydiving Mag.
I would be interested also, date dependant.
At least I know I would stay warm with Mike coming...he's got a magic whiskey bag:)
Jason