flummi

BD DVD Cover

Got mine today (but hey, for being in italy and thus having the italian post involved, that is still quite fast even considering it was mailed on dec. 17)

Now when I look at the cover I remember the LZ being on the RIGHT (not on the LEFT, as on the cover). I was wondering if it had to do with being shot from the crane, boom, whatever, but that did not explain it. I tried to figure out if the jumper on the cover had probably done a full floater (ok highly unlikely with a PC-in-hand), but the relative position of head and feet and the positions of LZ and boat ramp tell me that's not it.

Is this one of these cases of flipping the negative?
flummi
* Respekt - ist uns're Aufgabe (fanta4) *

Is this one of these cases of flipping the negative?

Think so, looking at the landing zone and that the jumper holds the PC in her left hand.

You're right! I saw she had the PC in hand, but I did not see it was the "LEFT" hand...

Hey Triax, could you - just for fun - post the picture the "RIGHT" way?

Just started watching the DVD, "the cover girl" makes the first jump - "flipped" the right way, with the PC in the right hand... and the LZ also on the right
flummi

I thought about that long and hard - and I am guessing that the whole reasoning behind that was so they can put "the year of the trains" on the railroad tracks in the UPPER LEFT.

also the back cover, bottom paragraph references a "BriSge Day" ( S instead of a D)

Hi flummi

nice to see that you got your DVD ...

You see what happens .... First of all "no signal for the mobile" then "no blueberry pancakes" then they flip the cover photo eh ??? What a country!!! :P

I thought about that long and hard - and I am guessing that the whole reasoning behind that was so they can put "the year of the trains" on the railroad tracks in the UPPER LEFT.

also the back cover, bottom paragraph references a "BriSge Day" ( S instead of a D)

Yes, you guessed it correctly...that's a PShop flip.

Go easy on me with the typos--English isn't my first language.
cheers!
pope

Go easy on me with the typos--English isn't my first language.
cheers!
pope

speaking of typos, on K 'n A they introduce jumps off a tower "formerly knowm as..."

it happens to everyone.

another BD dvd curiosity is that the jumper on the dvd label does NOT appear on the disk (or I missed it...)

please don't take the above as complaints. I enjoyed the dvd. thanks for the fast production!
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

you missed it BIG TIME... ;) she's the first one in the whole DVD, and she reappears in the first timer section for quite a while, hesitating a little bit at the exit.
flummi

you missed it BIG TIME... ;) she's the first one in the whole DVD, and she reappears in the first timer section for quite a while, hesitating a little bit at the exit.

I believe he's talking about the jumper who's picture is actually printed on the disk itself--not the cover jacket. He's posted in this thread, so I imagine he can let us know if he made the video.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I believe he's talking about the jumper who's picture is actually printed on the disk itself--not the cover jacket.

correct.

the cover jumper was used with clever editing to kick off the dvd.
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

oops... so i guess it was me who had it wrong BIG TIME [:/]
i am glad i did not write something nastier, it would be even more embarassing now :$

actually, i have to admit that the DVD went from the sleeve to my drive so fast that i do not even remember there was a picture of a jumper on the DVD itself... will look it up tonight at home.

sorry wwarped!
flummi