NickDG

Wuffo Climbs Tower . . .

The antenna on top of the 1500 ft tower was a 72 ft "candlestick" that transmitted a television signal strong enough to vaporize a bird if it happened to fly too close to it...

doh!
doh!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Not in the story but, It would be interesting to be already on the tower (as a jumper) and having people "suprise you" as your gearing up. or while they were climbing hear the shock opening. B|

I was chatting with a co-worker who just started a couple months ago, we were driving through town working on his addresses, and I drove by a local A I have been wanting to check out the landing area on. He questioned my intense study of the area, and I told him "Someday I'm gonna jump that".

I never expected the response I got. This young, shy, quiet kid told me how he loves to climb towers. I asked him what he does when he gets to the top, and he said he justs sits there a while and takes in the view. "And then what? You just climb back down? Wow, that would really suck" But I guess it's all in perspective cause he said "Well, I'm sure as hell not gonna jump off it!" :S

LMAO!! :D

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

Not a tower surprise but a crane on a B. Four of us were making the catwalk from B to crane and we heard noises from above, two young guys' up there drunk and rowdy. we met one on his way down and asked if he was a jumper, he said " No but my friend might, WHOO-HOOO!", at that point I slapped him and told him to be quiet. We finished the climb and jumped.Don't know how the night finished for them.;)

It had taken us exactly three hours to climb 1500 ft.

..ouch... 500ft an hr...

It was 7:00 am on a beautiful morning, and instead of waking up like the rest of the world after a decent night's sleep, I had spent my night climbing one of the tallest towers in the world.

:ph34r: i think we all know what that is like...

It had taken us exactly three hours to climb 1500 ft.

..ouch... 500ft an hr...

500ft an hr!
I thought my 3hrs to 300ft was fast!:S
NEVER GIVE UP!

Cool article. Here's some of the quotes I found interesting. I can't wait to see the view from near the top of one.

So we were about to do something that few people in this world could claim: climbing foot for foot a nearly 1600 ft tower at night

(It took us two hours to get to the bottom).

For a while as we climbed down, the ground seemed like it wasn't getting any closer, like something out of the twilight zone.

1572 ft... What an incredible experience!

BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

HEHE I kept expecting to read something like....."and then we saw a guy fall right past us and a open what looked like a parachute"

Wishful thinking i guess:ph34r:

That tower sounds like an awesome site to jump from.
*Disclaimer*
The views expressed in the above post may or may not be the result of drunkeness or temporary insanity and should only rarely be construed as the views of the poster himself