Donk

The No NPS Banner

Time for a revolution on a scale larger than most can fathom. Just do it. Seems the sport is either at the crossroads or rapidly approaching. So many new faces, so little time...

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

imagine what may have happend had the ranger gotten the bridle wrapped around his hand, then pulled off the bridge sans rig...

No, I talked to Ranger Bill later that day about it and while I understand you don't put hands on a LEO, I explained to him what could have happened. Is a guy jumping a minute after the permit expires worth a life? I've never seen the Ranger who choked me again at Bridge Day.

NickD :)BASE 194

No, I talked to Ranger Bill later that day about it and while I understand you don't put hands on a LEO, I explained to him what could have happened.

what did he say?
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

hehe, I would have like to see the face of the guy who grabbed at the bridle if you'd have jumped on him and performed a citizens arrest on him for attempted murder.

course it wouldn't have stuck and you'd have only got yourself in trouble with the move... but it would have been funny to see him think through what you'd just accused him of doing.

At one Bridge Day a guy got off a minute after the permit expired and I was jumpmastering. As he launched, hand held, a Ranger reached out to grab him but only caught his hand in the bridle. I knocked his hand away and another Ranger behind me put me in choke hold. I woke up wondering where I was and I'm surprised to find I was at Bridge Day . . .

NickD :)

One BD i saw Jean B lose a watch and gain a broken arm when a rebounding bungy looped over the rail and snagged her wrist. under the circumstances, a broken arm was far better than being pulled over the rail and off the bridge by a big rubber band.

Nick, did he learn that move from big time wrestling?

be safe

kleggo
BASE 194

"we need a revolution every 20 years just to keep the government honest" Thomas Jefferson
Go forth now, to the promised lands, and swear much unto each other, with mighty profanity and many personal attacks. T.A.

"we need a revolution every 20 years just to keep the government honest" Thomas Jefferson

So where shall we hold the tea party?

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

teabagging party? that's every year's memorial day in twin, isn't it?

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Not to mention how horribly many of us were treated in the LZ this year by the "Marshals" and NPS officials. At one point I had all my gear in the stash bag hugging my in-laws after a jump (outside the "taped" LZ, in the far back corner by the vehicles) and got physically dragged out by a US Marshal. Needless to say I had words with him and thanks to JJ, who pulled me away, saved my from a more serious charge I am sure. B|

Wow, I musta missed something, a US Marshal was there? I am friends with a Marshal. He works with murderers, rapists, and crack dealers. He hasn't told me any stories about tracking down BASE jumpers yet. I didn't think we were that dangerous.[:/]

Seriously, what was his purpose there?

Wow, I musta missed something, a US Marshal was there?

Seriously, what was his purpose there?

Well, one of them was there to take my First Jump Course.

And I know the first ever US Marshal 2 way happened at Bridge Day this year.

So, um, I'd say the purpose of at least those 2 guys was the same as the purpose of most of us--to jump, hang out with other jumpers, and have fun.

I believe there were some other Marshals on duty to work security for the event, though. They started showing up in 2002, the same time they added the heavy security at either end of the bridge, and the National Guard presence, post 9/11.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com