Bjohndavis

chest ring question!

Designing harnesses with chest rings introduces a whole raft of problems around shoulder pad geometry, ripcords, release cables, and their related housings. Rigging Innovations needed five years (1991 to 1996) to work the major bugs out of the chest rings on the Flexon, but it was not until they introduced Oetker clamps (1997) that they solved the last piece of the puzzle.
Relative Workshop (Vector), Velocity Sports (Infinity) and Sunrise (Wings) have taken a more cautious, conservative approach, devoting their efforts to refining the shoulder yoke to the point that it is too narrow to slip off your shoulders.

Relative Workshop (Vector), Velocity Sports (Infinity) and Sunrise (Wings) have taken a more cautious, conservative approach, devoting their efforts to refining the shoulder yoke to the point that it is too narrow to slip off your shoulders.

I am a bigger guy but never have problems withmy Infinity slipping around. Then again I never had problems before they changed to the narrow yolks. My main reson for not wanting them is all that I have heard about the harness input not being as good. As I work on my HP landings I can see where this is something to look out for.

It does make you think about guys like J.C. and Jim and Heath and that bunch. They all have Odyssey's and doesn't look like they have a problem with the rings.
Dom