iwasinkheson68

regrets?

Awww. Blair. Im not from all over. Im just hung over. Without any help from you two...>:(

Ill never regret BASE, ever. It has given me so much without taking anything from me yet (except a good friend) that WHEN the time comes that it does; well, itll be ok.

In the realm of spirituality, there typically is the concept of "owing for the flesh", that you must pay for being alive and conscious, for experiencing joy and happiness.....I owe BIG. As do we all........

NSFW!!!

Yo thanks D,
Was a pleasure, now you know I REALLY jump, as apposed to your lucid envisionment of me solely as a drug pushin', stripper mad, ground crew from hell. :)Regardless, you BETTER come back before Turkey Day, we have some multi ways to complete with sliders and shit before then. Plus, we gotta get you into the wingsuit shindig, B|...either that or I'll retire early in the area in Cali you call 'home' ;).
Thanks again man, you looked STELLAR hummin eeerrrr I mean HAULIN it down 2+seconds from 315'ish. Just goes to show that no matter what you do right, you still may end up right..... B|
Take it easy man, don't be a stranger, write a book too one day as you live the life we all dream. I admire you for your journey (amongst other things:$), and wish you many on headings and young, willing, women ;) Plus the next time you visit, I'll support the hangover that makes u drive with one hand covering your eye :P that I promise....:)
Later
Blair

PS next time through, I'm taking some days off so we can go big, and we'll make a few jumps too :o So I attached pic of our packing crew, well at least WE can pack while we watch :)
**this post brought to you by the SOB's and the el numero uno BASE 515, without him, we'd all be walking dead or worse have been shot dead on arrival to the A. Thanks Bro!

Don't forgot about 704! Without his sister, those pics wouldn't have happened! B|B|B|B|

May we live long and die out

No shit, huh? I'll have to thank her again for lettin' us use her camera:)
I can't get over how photogenic your mom gets for a $20 rock...:ph34r:

bless her heart...
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

I can't get over how photogenic your mom gets for a $20 rock...:ph34r:

i knew knowing how to "wash up" would pay dividends eventually...........

sometimes i regret some ofthe facts i know about jumpers arround the world:P
however i dont regret that i BASE,if i did i jump for the wrong reassons..
If i regret a jump,i wasnt man enough to step down and not do the jump...
Yes i broke my leg on a jump,but i dont regret the jump,it were cool until the point were i made a mistake...i regret that i havnt trained rearriser landings before entering the BASEscene... But never regret that i jump..period...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I have to do exactly the same......and once I can move without "Frankensteining", every step I take the rest of the day is painful, so I am reminded everyday that I took a trip to a big, beautiful bridge one day in 2003.
I only made those 2 BASE jumps, and will be in worsening pain every day of my life because of it, but I don't regret it. I regret that I will never experience a terminal wall, or the solitude of an empty antenna at night, ot the buzz of evading the police after a downtown jump, but at least I have had a delicious taste of what the sport gives you.

i dont know your story, but is there no way of you finding out these joys for yourself? just look at a certain BASE'r that is a (sorry to use this term!!!) cripple.........what happened that you cant do this?

not yet, and i doubt i will.

but i see your point in asking...
i wrote this the other day, on my way to do another bandit load and slider up A.

...I Jump because i never forget to tell my mother i love her when im home from school anymore. I BASE because it reminds me i wont be alive for long. My tailgate is brand new, sitting on a cluttered shelf with other parachute gear, used a precious few times because for some reason i just cant stop climbing at 400 feet. We cant lie to ourselves, we are dropping like flies. but its getting safer everyday. I dont want to die young, but im not terribly savvy on the idea of old and in my sleep. I like the idea of going to class and everybody complaining about how early it is, and knowing i have been up for 5 hours. I will never fail, or Falter, I will never relent, i will never follow.

-SPACE-

I shattered my heel on my 2nd jump at BD 2003 - did a really good job of it, and due to impact damage and with the help of a surgical fuck-up, I have very little cartilage left in my foot, so I have arthritis which is getting slowly but surely worse.
But the real reason I won't be pursuing BASE is that after watching that, my fiancee made the ultimatum that I'm sure many of you have heard, and she isn't worth losing.
I still skydive, but not nearly as much as before.
But I have no regrets about making the jumps, I wouldn't have been true to myself if I hadn't done at least one BASE jump.

PLF, PLF, PLF.......!!

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

sorry did not mean to question you............

I understand fully all you say.......

nice work

life is all about balance!!! dont loose anything special to you!

I agree - PLF PLF PLF!!!

it works and it helps the gimpy fuckers like us!

:P

I agree - PLF PLF PLF!!!

just land in trees,that way you dont need to PLF:P
besides if you need to plf your either too low,too fast or in other words at a place were you might dont want to be:ph34r: however thats a funny thing aswell;)

it works and it helps the gimpy fuckers like us!

now you might take back your words about me back after my first UK trip:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

yep................. sorry to take the piss outta you gimping........... it comes to us all..........:P