JaapSuter

220 feet static line building

A figure in feet or meters?

:)

Again I would construct a 9' carry on S/L that attaches to the railing so that the briddle and PC don't get damaged by the edge of the B.

I don't see how you can get the breakcord to do its job before the bridle would come into contact with the edge of the building.

I don't see how you can get the breakcord to do its job before the bridle would come into contact with the edge of the building.

That's why you want to make the S/L a bit longer than the distance from the railing.

See the pic.
Memento Audere Semper

I am in no position to suggest B.A.S.E. advice as I have no experience, but I thought I would share my $.02. Tell me if it is dumb or plausible. You can get one of those 10-15 foot retractable dog leashes. It seems you don't want a sudden jerk on the pins when the canopy is pulled out. Well you could jog off the edge with the leash cause it will always maintain tensionanywhere you walk within its range. Then the Break Cord can be attached to the end of it and around your bridle. It will help sustain the shock to your pins and help get better separation without hitting the cord on the edge of building. Check out the picture. Let me know what you think.

Dale
~Dale

Hi Jap,

We had the exact same scenario last night on my first B also a 220 sl jump. i had ground crewed on a few B jumps prior i had seen the bridle extension used in the past and this functions well.

Last night on an underconstruction B, attachment point for sl was to five feet back from the edge, then the edge of the building was quite sharp, we basically larks headed some long climbing sling to the bridle end at the PC attachment point and then attached the sl to the anchor point on the b.

This allowed the pc to hang over the side. and removed the bridle issues you mentioned, if you can visualize what i mean?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BASE 1029

d-bag it. That's my choice.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Dumb question, but I can't help it.

-How do you get the static line back if you're jumping by yourself? :|

It's probably a stupid question but I can't figure it out and of course I've never seen one of these things.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Dumb question, but I can't help it.

-How do you get the static line back if you're jumping by yourself? :|

Not that I jumped it solo, but ... you go back the next morning and get it back!
B|

A-ha. :$ Those nice construction people even left little eye hookie-things for you to tie your thingy onto. How polite of them, they must have known it would be jumped off of! :P

I can't get into the Blinc website, I'll hafta register later....

& I'll search that carry with deal too, I still can't picture in my mind how it could work.

Thanky all.
~Jaye

There's a nice step by step guide here.

So after deploy the thing breaks...ok I get it. The cord must be strong enough to get your shtuff out but not strong enough to hang you. That makes sense. So you were looking at line between 40-160 lb test if that's what I read correctly (160 after doubling 80). -Has anyone ever had problems with a 40 lb test breaking early?

If freaking base jumpers would employ their ingenuity to other things we could rule the world.:ph34r:

:|...rule...the...world...

-I don't base jump but the mechanics of it are fascinating.
~Jaye

Dude sorry to pick on you but i do so as of i like you(not love but as a person)

DONT play in the SL area before you figured out your brakes,infact please make your brakes before jumping off anything else than a safe S,Brake settings made to stall your canopy in opening will result in injury at some point,please get your settings set before playing in that area...

Please reconsidder using your toogles vs risers at low objects a riser turn will move you away from the object fast but it also eat alot of altitude compared to a toogle turn.
you can pop your brakes whith out getting a surge,also a thing you should learn before playing in the low area..

how high is the building below you? do you need a running exit? if so did you considder to freefall it?

Stay safe
Stefan Faber