LukeH

HELP! Canopy not ready for Norway!

hey guys,

due to circumstances beyond the control of the manufacturer, two good friends of mine will be stranded in Norway sans canopy.

the canopies were ordered a long time ago but a combination of staff injuries and fabric supply problems means that despite the manufacturers best efforts they will not be ready for these guys to take to Norway.

we need
a 260 between July 16 and July 30
a 300 between July 25 and Aug 2

time off work and non-refundable flights are booked. you can imagine how these guys feel. i know it's a lot to ask and a long shot, but we are desperate!!

can anyone that will be in Norway around this time bring a spare canopy?
can anyone help!?

i’m sure some sort of security and payment can be arranged.

thanks...

[:/]

Dude, that sucks! :( If I had a canopy in either of those sizes I'd help out. I just don't think my 225 will do much for you.

Dude, that sucks...

I have an unused Mojo 260 here. It's old but I've jumped it slider-down several times. Slider-up it'll work even better. Drop me a PM if you're interested. I could FedEx it asap.

Edited to add: Luke, you still have those pilotchutes? No hurries, just curious :)
Thanks,

Jaap Suter

WHOA! Don't worry guys...it will work out somehow--the folks in the BASE community won't let you down...some ideas:

I'd get ahold of Douggs in Lysebotn and run your situation by him as well...His finger is pretty much on the pulse of the Kjerag area BASE scene.

Also maybe try Vibeke or Stein at the Stavanger BASE Klubb.

The boys at Triax would love to help out, but alas, all of our canopies are also quite a bit smaller than what you require--sorry.
Also call around to the different manufacturers and see if they by chance have a demo or two you could rent/borrow.

It would be a very good idea to make a list of folks who could vouch for your BASE experience to make the "loaners" feel more comfy about the deal...no-one wants blood on their canopy!

Anyhow guys, good luck, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you and maybe make a couple calls if you like. PM me your contact info...

BTW--looking at the dates and sizes...would they be able to SHARE a single 280-ish canopy?? There's not a ton of overlap

pope

I could FedEx it asap.

see what I mean...

Who's the manufacturer?

Doesn't the manufacturer have rental canopies? Wouldnt they be willing to give you a break on them since they're fucking up?

Call another manufacturer and rent a canopy. They can fedex.

I can't spare a canopy. Plus, it's still glowing from last night's AM tower. I don't think customs would let that through.

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Also, like Pope says, I'd like some references.

The bigger canopy is for a guy I'll vouch for. But if he can't find one more local, I'll send my Troll 290, which he has used for a week or so already.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

They might want to give Adam F. a call and see if he has any demo canopies in that size range.

Contact Vibeke and Stein. Stavanger BASE Klubb rents all gear there (http://www.basekjerag.com). 200 NOK for a canopy, additional 200 NOK (400 NOK together) for packing.

Enjoy the staying in Norway! B|

yes they do. www.basekjerag.com

have good ones !!!

wow!

the response to this post has been amazing. within minutes there were PMs offering gear.

the good news is - we appear to have located canopies from locals, one of which we didn't know existed!

thanks to all of those that offered gear, advice on where to get gear and good vibes.

c-ya