base736

Ouch

Pulled this frame from some video I took this weekend. I've seen similar stuff in video from other jumpers (this means you 587). Does it occur to anybody else that this might be an odd thing to do for fun?

:S

Edit to add: Jaap, who apparently is a forum whore, has pointed out to me within seconds of my posting this that the picture might be unclear. I'm referring, of course, to the clear pain in the jumper's face...

• Posted at 4:45 PM
  • Edited at 4:47 PM

That's two minutes! What are you? A beginner?

On topic; what some people can't find in the bedroom, they'll try and find in base.

...this might be an odd thing to do for fun?

I thought the same thing when I looked at this video grab.B|

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

Was that taken from the boat ? ;)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

hehehe

Belive I do the Grin as well......:$

Wonder what my bedtime grin looks like...:P

// Percy

Was that taken from the boat ? ;)

As I understand it, only Jaap gets shots that close from the boat.

Michael

This is from last year....
    ...video cam was on backwards...

it opened on heading when it fully pressurized..
    Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Well, if we're posting bad opening pics, then this is one everyone should see. This is a video grab from a friend of mine shortly before his risers sliced off the wide angle lense of his camera. the resulting opening was fine and was even on heading.

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

The photo at the top of this thread looks pretty dark on some displays. I've attached a gamma-corrected version which looks considerably better on my display at least.

Michael

Hey that opening looks familar! That's what happens when you have plenty of altitude and thus plan to open normally after doing your 1st gainer. I didn't think I was still rotating when I pitched belly to earth, but apparently I still was. The canopy opened dead on heading after the left riser took the wide angle lens off my side mounted camera. Attached are pictures of the lens in freefall.

Later,
    BASE864

It really does look like you end up nice and stable when the ground comes back into view. Then all of a sudden you start to rotate again. Hmm, glad it all went ok though. Minus losing the lens that is.