jimmyp

Travel insurance

There is a jumper from the UK coming to the states to BASE. She cannot find travel insurance that will cover her. Does anyone know of a health insurance company that will cover BASE jumping in this situation?
Thanks!
Jimmy P

There is a recent post on the UK board about one particular company.

But i think it relies on the site being legal(ish). [:/]

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

there is a guy at raeford that offers insurance for base jumping... not sure if that is the same as travel insurance
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Hey Jimmy, Craig tipped me off about these people (Specialty Risk International). Gus had some correspondence with them in which they confirmed that legal BASE jumps are covered (post here).

I've insured with them quite a few times but never got any return on the investment so can't tell you what their after action satisfaction rating is.

Hope this helps.

Will

IHI Travel Medical Insurance
This plan provides travel medical and evacuation insurance for people traveling outside their country of citizenship who require a travel plan with NO hazardous sports exclusion at all. Great for people engaging in high risk sporting and traveling - such as climbing Everest, racing cars or engaging in professional or amateur organizes sports. The IHI plan has great passive war and terrorism coverage (see plan terms/conditions), but a 300% rating applies to people traveling to Iraq or Afghanistan.

The travel insurance covers you no matter where in the world you go as long as you are traveling outside your country of residence as defined in policy. And no matter what you are doing during your travels - be it work, holiday or sports. It provides single trip coverage on travels abroad from one day up to 12 months. An annual plan for multiple trips up to 1 month in length is also available.

You get a lot of advantages with an IHI Travel insurance

Direct payment of all hospital bills where ever possible
Access to IHI’s medical consultants
Free choice of doctors and hospitals
Full cover with no deductible
Professional and efficient reimbursement service
Worldwide cover during all types of travel: leisure, study and business
No restrictions on hazardous sports or occupations
Free cover of children under the age of two
You may download --

application: http://www.globaltravelinsurance.com/3310-IHI_Travel_App.pdf

brochure :http://www.globaltravelinsurance.com/IHItravel_brochure_eng.pdf

terms/conditions : http://www.globaltravelinsurance.com/IHItravel_conditions_eng.pdf

The quickest & easiest way to take care of this is to apply and pay online.

HTH,
t
==========================================

I didn't invent skydiving, but I jumped with the guys who did.

Yes, IHI would be a good place to get an insurance if you are into sports and other activities that involves a certain amount of risk... I worked in the company for two years and they are very professional and do not bulls%&t you with some small printing if you get in trouble !

Doctors and translaters sitting ready 24/7 at hotline and they have contacts with the best hospitals around the world.

Check out www.ihi.com

Peter

Sorry for the hijack but TOM, NICE F__ING AVATAR!!!! :)Later
Blair

PS I used Specialty Risk for a trip outside of the US...:SHeard good things, but thankfully didn't need the coverage :|

Also look into MedJet Assitance. www.medjetassistance.com They are a medical flight company that will fly you home if you need medical evacuation. I know most travel health plans cover this, but with MedJet, there isn't as much fine print.

Note, this is not health insurance. Their policy only covers the medical flight costs, with no deductible or other costs once you pay their membership. This would be a good policy to go along with a travel health insurance plan. They also cover medical flights within your home country so if you get hurt - say at Bridge Day - they'll fly you home. I've had one occasion where I could have used it and it would have saved me a ton of money. Their annual membership is around $200 for US citizens. They will aslo fly your remains home should things go very bad.

Later,
BASE864

Thanks everyone,
She also found a company called patriot extreme
travel insurance which might work.
Jimmy

could you give a link?
cheers:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber