cesslon

Stupid Base

Hi all,

Got to work today and 1 of my co workers, who knows I usually spend lunch watching BASE vids on my comp handed me a video this morning.

was taped off fox (australia) last night I think, its from some sports video competition 1 of the entrys is called "stupid base" or "silly base" or somthing like that, the other entry on it is the Slim tribute video "a base life" (which I've seen)

I'm still at work so haven't watched it yet, so have others seen "stupid basE" (or similar name) ?
its a aussie video. any good ? all aussie vids I have seen so far are great :)

"Slim: A BASE Life" was put together by Fast Al. It features a swag of well known jumpers and gives an awesome overview of the guy we all loved. For those arguing about Slim hitting the wall, it shows Slim's first incident with the wall. Very cool.

The other one you are referring to is "Stoopid BASE: A mock-umentry."
I hope you like it, as I made it.
Its got Dan W's frap in in France, Aussie Jimmy's rope swing-BASE, waterfalls and also has Rob's famous Bike-canopy entanglement....:S

Let me know what you think.;)
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

The other one you are referring to is "Stoopid BASE: A mock-umentry."

And why is it not on skydivingmovies.com? I would love to see it!

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

Hi,
Just finished watching the vid several times lol
was really good, I don't know if people unfamiliar with BASE would have got all the jokes on it though, they would probably have just thought ya's are crazy cow boys.

for the people who haven't seen it i'll briefly describe it, sorry I can't remember the names, well I can but can't remember who done what. The vid went for about 5 minutes

There is a part on safety and like 1 guy walks into a phone booth and packs his rig, he just rams the shoot into the container then walks off.

then there is a bit about do ya trust the guy to pack ya rig, and like it shows a guy reaching into his packed rig and pulling out heaps of grass and leaves.

another part a d00ds about to go off a bridge and the camera man says something like "hey d00d ya rig" and his like "oh yeah nearly forgot" and puts his rig on,
then as his about to jump the camera man goes "hey ya leg straps".

only thing about the vid I didn't like was when the d00d on the bike hits the ground hard, the sound he made sounded almost identical to the sound the guy in the dam strike video made, does every1 who F%*cks up and is still conscious make that sound ? no don't answer that I don't wanna know.

also on the vid was the first part of the above mentioned which was a d00d who rode flat out on a (kinda reminded me of my GTA arm chair playstation BASE lol) push bike(camera was on his head) then he went off a cliff and (I've seen the cliff he jumped several times before and I know they don’t usually fall for to long, ) he seemed to fall for a fair bit, as it looked like he did a back flip on the bike and was kinda... stuck on the bike lol, as it looks like his about to hit his chute must deploy, (I don’t think it shown his chute deploy) and his on the ground making those noises lol.

another part of the vid was 1 d00d jumping off what looked to be a terminal(or darn close) wall in France, his just about to hit the ground when his chute starts to deploy, his chute comes out of the rig, lines stretch but before it can inflate he seems to hit the ground,
the last ya seen of the chute was when it was about the size of a brief case, no where near inflated. either he hit a very steep bit of ground or the canopy magically opened at the last nano second and aint on camera.

the guy was interviewed and he said his injury, which I think was a torn calf muscle and a bruise and the doctors wouldn’t believe him when he told them how it happened.

Also a guy on there swings out on this big rope, out over a cliff then lets go and deploys and his chute pretty much instantly comes out, even though he only fell about 5 feet, must have been the forward speed that his pilot chute ate.

The rest of the show was slims vid, which most here would have seen, it won an award so did Stoopid BASE, and other stuff like the usual so called extreme sports, Skate boarding, wind surfing, motor bikes etc.

No doubt stoopid base will be online s00n, if it isn’t already.

If I left some parts out, they are there, I just forgot them lol.

Hi,
Just finished watching the vid several times lol

U P L O A D
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

its on tape, although my computer has a capture card and a vcr sitting right next to it lol.

But I don't own the rights to the film so I wont.

Ya know, there's a line of code on skydivingmovies.com that writes all the file information to the database when a file is uploaded. All gets written EXCEPT the username of the person that uploaded the video. I have no idea why it doesn't work. It must be a sign of some sort though. :P

Dave

Jasmin,

How does one get a copy of the video?

Jasmin,

How does one get a copy of the video?

Yeah I wanna get one too now :)

I was really worried that Whuffos wouldn't get the jokes, but after playing it to my 15 year old brother and his mates, I realised even whuffos know you don't normally pack your mates' rig in a telephone booth.
:D
And as cesslon said, jumpers got the added bemusement of Rob's bike-canopy 'malfunction' and jimmy doing a 3-ring cutaway rope swing which then became a BASE jump.

If you'll cover the cost of a blank DVD and mail, I'll happily burn a copy of it and our film from last year aswell.
;)

We're currently working on a feature length flick, with footage from South Africa, India, Australia and the usual suspects such as Russia, Malaysia, France, Norway, USA etc I'm really hoping it'll be something special. I'll put a teaser onto Skydivingmovies if i ever find the time (no internet at home)
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

I'll try and put a copy on skydivingmovies when i get back from skysister. If you're going to watch it, you might as well have a decent quality copy!;)
xj

If you see Travman, bum enough to cover your costs. Tell him im good for it ;). I will be up at picton for Brian Germans Canopy thing if it goes ahead, so if you are there that weekend I can always give you money.

oh yeah I left 1 jump out
they do a 20m static line into water,
it looked like he could have landed safely even if there wasnt any water.

Am doing BG course too!!

Will have a copy waiting for you...
;)
xj

Hey guys, at request I'm putting together a little clip of BASE aerials. So if you're prepared to wait a few weeks I'll add it on to the dvd and then send it on to y'all.
xj

Hi jasmin

I'd love any spare base footage (especially areials) you have and are willing to copy to dvd or tape,
im in australia and will cover all postage costs and cost of the tape/dvd
and throw in some cash for gratuities.

if ya feel like being super generous pm me.

if ya can put online the d00d going over the cliff on the push bike doing the accidental front flip.
also the 1 where his chutes only starting to open and he lands (or atleast thats how it looks)

if ya can put online the d00d going over the cliff on the push bike doing the accidental front flip.
also the 1 where his chutes only starting to open and he lands (or atleast thats how it looks)

Seen the ABA 2004 DVD? It's got that stuff on there, as well as a heap of other great footage.

Seen the ABA 2004 DVD? It's got that stuff on there, as well as a heap of other great footage.

no sorry i'm behind on the times lol
is it out yet ?
i'll have to get a copy.

It wasn't an accidental front flip either.

now thats Far-king crazy lol.
back flip would have been faster.
how high is that cliff anyway ?

im guessing between 4 and 600 ?

No probs.

Will repost here in a few weeks asking for addresses (and postage money!) when I finish up the new segment on aerials.

Like I said, if you're going to watch it, you might as well have a decent quality copy!;)
xj

no sorry i'm behind on the times lol
is it out yet ?
i'll have to get a copy.

Here's a repost from the ABA site where I asked where I could get the ABA 2004 DVD:

Firstly, a big thanks to everyone who helped make Friday night such a big success!

Anyone who would like to purchase a copy of the DVD can email their address to me at [email protected]

The cost of the DVD is $30 plus $4 for postage within Australia.

Payment can be made by credit card through Paypal (account name = Australian B.A.S.E. Association) or money can be transferred directly into my account via a Netbank transfer.

Please keep in mind that due to the amount of footage that has been compressed onto a single DVD, some parts of the footage appear pixelated on larger screen TV's

Once the costs incurred from producing the DVD's and from holding the Video Night have been covered any extra funds will be set aside to help cover costs upfront for next years video night.

Thanks again for all your support!

Liv

Original found here http://www.basejump.org/discus/messages/2/959.html?1111392248#POST389

Cheers,
Jase