laird

Just thinkin

A PCA off of a 200ft bridge is,

wrong way to do it.. freefall it... i would...

What could posibly go wrong...

yeah bring your stilletto:S

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Wow, way to take that out of context. I love the fact that because I have my skydives listed as 50 everyone jumps down my throat on that comment. I was not saying that it is trivial. It definitely takes skill, just not as much as you would like to believe.

Greenie in training.

A PCA off of a 200ft bridge is, step off, pop your toggles, turn to landing area, land. The packing is probably the hardest thing to learn for that. Anyone with an A license could probably steer the canopy to the landing area and land it if properly instructed how to do so. If you had a mal or offheading that would have to be dealt with as well, but once again that is something taught on the ground that you are not going to experience until you are on a BASE jump.

If you had a mal or offheading, wouldn't it be better to learn to deal with that at a higher altitude, rather than just "on the ground"?

Ground training to 200' bridge is skipping several very important steps. One of those steps is learning to deal with problems, and that learning ought to be done, and practiced, in the air, with spare altitude, then at gradually decreasing altitudes.

Theory is all well and good. But that's all your going to get on the ground. Real life practice is the thing that's going to stand you in good stead in your time of need. Skipping the practice and going straight from the ground school theory to the firing line is foolish.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I fully agree. As I stated earlier I think you should have at least some skydiving background and that I think that will always be the primary sport that leads to BASE.

Greenie in training.

I was more thinking of practice in the BASE environment. I'd definitely recommend practicing your emergency procedures (like object avoidance) off something higher before having to do it off something that's only 200' high.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I was more thinking of practice in the BASE environment. I'd definitely recommend practicing your emergency procedures (like object avoidance) off something higher before having to do it off something that's only 200' high.

I'll vouch for this. ;)

-C.

------Skydiving is the only precursor that I can think of for tracking.------

HA HA HA HA (evil laugh)

that ones just for me... dont ask...

-SPACE-

I started skydiving with the intent to BASE, and I'm trying to focus my training and education on skills that will be needed once I am ready for BASE.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Mike

Me too :)

did i comment your 50 skydive thing? actualy i thourght it were BASE jumps your profile said...

It definitely takes skill, just not as much as you would like to believe.

winning the lothery dont take skills either,i think jumping off a 200ft S whith no prior experience your roling the dice and you should be happy to walk away whith out a injury...

just my thourght...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber