TomAiello

Twin Falls in April?

Hey,

Is anyone planning on being in Twin jumping during the week any time in April? Respond here or PM me if you are thinking of it.

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I could probably make a trip out. What do you have in mind? We should be there in a couple weeks too.

Count me in.

If you have a specific weekend in mind, let me know because I still need to decide which one. If whatever you have in mind is suitable for a beginner, that is. Ofcourse, Heineken always is ;).

Hey DexterBase, do you usually drive up to TF or fly? How long does the drive take?

Cheers,

Jaap Suter

Respond here or PM me if you are thinking of it.

I'm always thinking of it, what do you have in mind?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Collin, let's carpool.

-A
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

ya, for my cock.
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

I drive from Seattle. Depending on weather it's about 9.5 hours. Not bad at all. If you leave in the morning you can do a sunset load and then go get food and beer.

For a weekend, we'll usually leave Seattle on Friday morning and leave TF sunday evening. Two full days of jumping is worth the drive to me.

...9.5 hours...

Dude, you need to put some more rice on that thing. The MINI does it in closer to 8. :P

It's a good thing there's no moderator around to move this post to the Bonfire...
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Ive got spring break the end of march or the first week of April
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Hehe.... Story time....

I was cruising out to Twin Falls for a weekend of BASE, beer, and good times. I was about four hours from home when a black Prelude passed me. I noticed the license plate frame was from the town I live in. I sped up to see if it was anybody I knew.

As I pulled alongside, I got a look at the driver who turned out to be a young blond female that I didn't know.

Well, she mistook my move as a challenge or something so she floored it and took off. I laughed for a second but then the guy in me, fueled by testosterone and the knowledge that my car is faster, refused to be put down so easily.

I sped up, pulled even with her so I couldn't be accused of doing the "rice-by" downshifted and proceeded to pull on her... hard.

She responded with a futile effort to squeeze a little more speed out of her car but it was...well... futile.

Once it was clear who the alpha dog was...hehe... I slowed down just enough for her to catch up to me.

We were cruising along at about 110 when we passed a couple more imports who gladly hopped in behind us for our little cannonball run.

A few minutes later I looked in my rearview mirror and saw the unmistakable grill of a gunmetal Dodge Viper coupe.

I punched it and my litte car valiantly gave all she had, still, the Viper shot past me like I was redlined in reverse.

So, once he had established his position as the big dog in our pack, I dutifully took my place behind him at our new speed of around 125 miles per hour.

The speed limit where we were was 60 miles per hour.

I was thoroughly enjoying myself when I saw something up ahead that struck me with a deep immediate fear. There was a state trooper ahead on the shoulder with a radar gun in his hand.

To this day, I have never felt such a sinking feeling as I did when I passed a state trooper while doing double the speed limit and change.

"I'm totally, absolutely screwed and I have nobody excepy myself to be pissed at" Those were my thoughts.

I let my foot off the gas and looked in the rearview mirror in time to see the cruiser fly out onto the road like a chase scene from Dukes of Hazzard.

"Holy shit......"

I slowed down to the legal speed limit and the Viper kept going... fast.

The State Trooper flew past and disappeared over the hill in hot pursuit.

I managed to get my heart out of my throat and back into my chest where it belonged then coaxed it into an acceptable pace somewhere under 200 beats per minute.

The other imports behind me slowed down even more and exited the highway.

A couple minutes later I passed the State Trooper who had his gunmetal Viper pulled over onto the shoulder.

I learned a thing or two about speeding that afternoon, so 10 hours is somehow okay with me;).

Are you studying journalism or something? Your writing skills are strong. Props!!
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Ha! I was going 130 on I80 going to twinn one weekend when I saw a state trooper gaining on me fast. Same feeling - like I was going to jail already, but much to my chagrin and satisfaction - that cop just hauled on past me - he must've been going 150. The lesson I learned, speed as fast as you want as long as you're not the fastest.

I'm sure some of us Denver peeps will be out again like we were just this last weekend. 10+ Hours for us to TF (9.5 if you speed). But I've done the trip 8-9 times since last Memorial Day.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

LOL ... I got a speeding ticket the only time I passed through Oregon. >:(

Thinking of it. That's about it so far.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

on I5 i assume or did you go down 101?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I can't remember (and I'm too lazy to check a map). It was on the interstate highway that takes you from Boise towards Seattle.

...I got a look at the driver who turned out to be a young blond female...

Just to up the bonfire level a little; your story didn't go the direction I was hoping for.

:ph34r:

Cheers,

Jaap

Ahhh,

Mr. DexterBASE,
I think I can still remember the way out to TF..

Peter

PS Bringing any hot BASE jumper chicks with you this time?
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime