JaapSuter

Bridge Day Rainy Daze

Hey,

I just received the Bridge Day 2004 Boogie DVD in the mail this morning and just finished watching it.

I can highly recommend getting it, even if you didn't attend BD 2004 (I didn't). Seeing a few first jumpers hesitate at the exit-point really gave me sweaty hands. Also, the Russel and Red Bull scenes are amazing.

Overall; great footage, good music, excellent editing. I've never been there, but if Bridge Day is half as much fun as it seems, I'll be the first to register for 2005.

Fun detail: it starts with an interview-ish scene with an NPS representative. She's very positive and has a great attitude towards base-jumping that went something like this: "Most of them are athletes that take their sport very seriously. Obviously there is one percent that is 'out there', but that's the case in any high-adventure sport."

This video could be a great ambassador for increasing the awareness of negotiations with the NPS.

So go visit Triax Productions and buy the video! (Imagine that, I don't even work for them.)

Cheers,

Jaap

How was the footage of the "little bridge" shananigans? B|:D

No shit, there I was, stuck with somebody else's gear, didn't even jump it, thought I was gonna be arrested.....:):):)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

No, I won't be quiet . . .

This happened in skydiving some years ago. One team was elevated to athlete status by some wuffo reporter but they got their butts kicked by a team called Elmo and the Glue Bags . . .

Yes, I want to win this fight. But I want to win on our own terms. I don't care anymore what some wuffo (reporter, ranger, whatever) cares to say about us and what we do. We own it to ourselves and we own it to all the brothers and sisters that paid in terms of jail and fines.

And we certainly owe it to the ones who paid the ultimate price.

I know and believe that someday there will be a Constitutional day of reckoning in this country, and all those who raised their hands to uphold that piece of paper, and didn't, will get their due . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

How was the footage of the "little bridge" shananigans? B|:D

No shit, there I was, stuck with somebody else's gear, didn't even jump it, thought I was gonna be arrested.....:):):)

Footage was great--Only it didn't make the video--I couldn't find a way to do it without burning the site (more than it already gets burned/raped every year 'bout that time). I'm SURE it will make a future carnage/humor reel...maybe I'll make a little online short story for the website.

BTW--we do have *some* copies of the BD2004 boxed set remaining...
cheers,
pope

I was born an American citizen in 1954.

I have the right to life and the pursuit of happiness.

If you don't agree with that you can kiss this . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Cooler . . .

Yes, that looks, um... cool.
That's pretty detailed--are those veins?
pope

That's pretty detailed--are those veins?

Yes, and it was a girl at the Ranch, NY who made this amazingly detailded sculpture out of a trivial snowman. Girls see the detail that we don't see ;)

and, of course the Easter Pigs got plenty of camera time! Oh, and part of the cover...how cool!

SpecialKaye...Easter Pig 13

Now that's well done!

Kudos!

-=Raistlin
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;