KidWicked

"RADIX" video - will you buy it?

In the preview for the "RADIX" video that was posted on this forum a few months ago, jumpers are shown repeatedly jumping from the rail at the Perrine.

Given that this is generally frowned upon within the community, will you still buy their video?

I thought this might be an interesting question to ask...
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

I would have to say yes, I will definitely still buy it.

Buddy, I been waiting for this video for a year now, and I'm buying 4. I wake up everyday check the E-mail to see if there is any word. Maybe for Xmas.

AIN'T NO RIGHT AIN'T NO WRONG.
ONLY PLEASURE AND PAIN

I heard that it won't be too long. I have been waiting a long time too. Standard Issue was just awesome, and from what I see of the trailer for this, it shouldn't be one to dissapoint.

He sent me a lil teaser last yesr when I got the SI dvd, my buddy hijacked to Texas by the way. What was on it was good stuff. That "A" on the SI vid is incredible, and that giant brown wall looks like so much fun.

STILL WAITING. :ph34r:FATONES:ph34r:

Funny that I just finished editing RADIX last night and here I log on this morning to find it mentioned.

Here's the dillyyo.

There are no rail jumps in the video. Somehow I managed to come up with enough footage from other places. Imagine that. Those shots were weak anyway.

As I watched the finished product after pressing finalize, I thought to myself, wow, this video is off the hook. I would definitely buy it if I hadn't been the one to make it. I'm easily bored with BASE/Skydiving vids as I've been watching them since I was 16...31 now. RADIX IS NOT BORING!

It's 35 minutes long with about fifteen minutes of DVD extras, some comedy, my 2001 FLY BOYZ film festival entry, and a slide show. It's twenty bucks and as soon as the covers come back from the printers, off it goes.

By the way, we won the Daddy Phats award at the FLY BOYZ film festival this year, with an 8 1/2 minute segment.

Thanks to those who have supported me, ant to those who have had legitimate issues against my stuff, give this vid another chance.

-late

The purchasing process goes as follows:
When it's ready I'll let everyone know. Email me at [email protected]

Then, you send $20 + $3 for s&h in any form whatsoever to me:
Jimmy Halliday
P.O. BOX 424
Acampo, CA

Then I mail you a vid. If you watch it once and don't like it, I give you your money back. If you watch it more than once, the warranty becomes null and void and it's yours until one of your buddies steals it. Then we start the process all over.

There are no rail jumps in the video. Somehow I managed to come up with enough footage from other places. Imagine that. Those shots were weak anyway.

good work juimmy

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

i thought you had shown the rail jumps to get people in an uproar about them. And also, you already told us that you wouldn't include those jumps? Wasnt it just a promo hype/marketing type thing?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Hell yah I'll buy it. I was told by a bad ass world class canopy pilot teaching me Ground Launching this weekend out in the southern Sierra mountains of CA that Jimmy recently took first place in the ... now where did that take place? FLY BOYZ film festival and that he thought that what he saw was pretty bad ass. If one bad ass likes another bad asses work, it's got to be good. ;)

Ground Launching rocks ... that's all I've got to say. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

True, True,
Slaton is a bad ass. His vid at the film festival rocked as well. One of the shots he had was easily the best of the whole night. It was just my turn I guess. He took aerial visuals three years in a row.

I'm gonna head up there to ground launch sometime soon. He likened it to BASE jumping in many ways. And from the looks of his footage, I'd agree...A canopy, a stash bag, a whole lot of comittmant, nature, and a healthy dose of adreniline.
Check him out. [email protected]

As this thread seems to be winding down I thought I'd post a few personal observations. As I was the original poster, I feel somewhat entitled :-)

The initial votes cast were heavily in favor of not buying the video, because the trailer showed people jumping from the rail. Right now, the voting is about 50/50 between people who will buy the video and people who won't.

It's interesting to me that the votes seemed to equal out after several people posted about how "cool" the video was going to be.

Does our collective desire to see "cool" footage cancel out widely-held community objections to site-endangering activity such as jumping from the rail? Apparently for many people the answer is yes.

Jimmy has posted to say that the video will not show jumping from the rail, but in the making of the video there unequivocally was jumping from the rail - because it's in the trailer.

No doubt points could be put forward justifying the project, and about the contributions to the field that the people involved with the project have made. (And no doubt someone will reply to this post making those exact points.)

My personal feeling however, is that at least an empirical sense, the results of the voting does not bode well for the future of community sites such as the Perrine.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

Does our collective desire to see "cool" footage cancel out widely-held community objections to site-endangering activity such as jumping from the rail? Apparently for many people the answer is yes.

Jimmy has posted to say that the video will not show jumping from the rail, but in the making of the video there unequivocally was jumping from the rail - because it's in the trailer.

you know the words forgive and lesson learned?
dont want to go hard on you,im one of the persons that dont like the jump from the rail thing,however i give Jimmy the doubt as he removed thouse shots.

Yes im going to buy this video,not to support rail jumping off TF but becours i think Jimmy took the concequens to remove thouse parts as people didnt liked them.To me it seems like he DID care,and did the next best thing,to remove thouse shots.The jumps cant be made backwards what else is he sopoused to do???

If we cant forgive people who admit and takes actions of mistakes they have been part of,then most people here shouldnt speak to each other...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

huh did i forget to spell incorrect:ph34r::D:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I think Radix should be called SI2... ;)
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime