Atmodude

base pouch hacky

Hi,

On the configuration base pouch on the leg for wingsuit, would like to know what peoples doing more, hackey outside pilotchute or outside (to have a better grip), Coz i know an outside hackey could be fatal...

Thnkx !

if you do an outside then besure theres NO way the bridel can catch it(Dont do the same mistake as others did,RIP:()

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Try a floating handle on some skydives. In my opinion, floating handle is way better than hackey, and also better than internal handle.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Check this thread in the Wingsuit forum.

Here's my reply to the same question from that thread:

A floating handle is an internal handle that is not attached to the PC.

When you pack the PC, you push the handle into position, so that it gives you something to grab. But once you've used it to extract the PC, the floating handle just drops down inside the PC. As far as the PC can "see" during inflation, there is no handle. This avoids both the potential for entanglement issues (small) and the weird inflation patterns from weight on the apex (usually a more important issue).

You can work it out for yourself if you just take a standard BASE PC with no handle and drop a 35mm film cannister into the inside. Then pack the PC up and you can see how you can have a handle that is only there when you need to grab it.

I believe the first person to think of this was Swedish wingsuit BASE guru Perflare Eriksson. It's now standard on some size PC's from Asylum.

-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I have done 250 Slider-up BASE jumps with a
Wiffle Ball (light plastic golf ball) Exterior Pilot Chute handle.
All my 32 inch & 38 inch pilots. are equipped.

The standard Skydive Hackey Sack handle has Weight that could be a factor.
A Wiffle Ball, has Almost no weight to interfere with Pilot Chute.
It is strong enough to hit with a #1 driver.

I believe you will go-in from other factors that are much higher
than a, Pilot Chute handle.

I have not gone in yet...
but the day is still young.

I have done 250 Slider-up BASE jumps with a
Wiffle Ball (light plastic golf ball)

Those "Soft Foam practice golf balls" could also be good for that application, I think. What do you think?

as long the bridel hant go arround the point were the "ball" is attached(ie must be secured tight 2 places close to the pc)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Maybe that was me that came up with the 35mm canister. A cool tip is to keep it stocked with a few rubberbands so that it´s always handy during packing.
take care,
space

hey space,
a 35 mm film cannister can be stocked with many items.

be safe

kleggo

Maybe that was me that came up with the 35mm canister. A cool tip is to keep it stocked with a few rubberbands so that it´s always handy during packing.

Cool. My attribution was mostly so that folks would know this was something that I got elsewhere.

I'll stock up my film cannisters.. ;)
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com