base689

Static Line Carry-on Discussion

However, your third photo shows the dacron looped to the bridle with the breakcord, wouldn't it be better to have the dacron looped around the anchor held together by the breakcord and the spektra attached to the bridle via a seperate break cord? This would decrease the length of dacron that would have to be extracted from around the anchor, no?

The first photo is the attachment shown with my cell phone for scale.

The second photo shows the spectra tied to the bridle with a dedicated length of breakcord.

The third photo shows the dacron looped over the anchor point and the ends of the red dacron tied to the bridle with a dedicated piece of breakcord.

In that photo series, there are two pieces of breakcord being used.

The system is very effective with a downside of not being super abrasion resistant. I think the material to build one costs me several pennies and it takes about three minutes to make one so they're fairly disposable to me. I jump one until it starts showing a bit of abrasion damage then I just can it and make another one.

A positive aspect is that I can build it to a custom length to suit whatever object I'm using as an anchor point. If it's a handrail I use the short length in the picture. If the anchor point has more girth to it, then I can build a longer attachment in about the same time it takes me to stow my lines.

Thanks for the pics Dexter, I'm going to get one made and have a play with it.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Dexter,use a small carabin or better a conectorlink(thouse small metal things on your riser holding the lines down:P),at the brakecord on your bridel.. its simple to remove after the jump and that way you wont spill your expencive brakecord on a loop each time:P

As it never get any tension unless you get a hangup i dont think it should be a thing to worry about to reuse the breakcord like this(sorry the weather is crap here and my rigs are at home so i cant show pics at this point)

PC i still miss them pics of your pc you promised...;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber