Joris

BASE alone...?

What if your friends are lazy and/or unpacked and you have that urge for jumping. Would you go out there on your own?

Thanks for your answer!

I haven't but the idea quite appeals to me, like solo freeclimbing (I'm not that crazy though). Tempted Joris?

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

i realized not loong time ago that 46% of my jumps are pure solos(nobody knew i went out)of phone crew jumps.
After i broke my leg on a solo phonecrew jump,i never did a pure solo again,and i m not sure if i want to do it again...

Actualy i some times WANT to be the only person arround. i kind of like the idea that its me and nothing else..

Might therefore im not the big speaker for big events whith FJC´s(no dont want to discus that again).Im kind of affraid that some one in a group would feel too much pressure and jump while they didnt really wanted to..I know my self,i can say no,and i do it no matter what it costs,if i dont want to jump,i dont do it,you learn that by solos/beeing alone out there.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Tempted Joris?

Well, just ended up in a situation like I mentioned in my first post. On my way there this question was going through my mind.

It was too windy anyway, so never jumped! Today I thought let´s ask other jumpers´ opinions to see what they think about it...

Just wondering!

I see no problem aslong you prepere your self on problems that can occur on your trip..

if you want to make the jump or not is up to you;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Yes. Have my phone on me at ALL times. Its not so bad climbing solo if you bring tunes. Kind of a good time for ones' self.

Once upon a time some guy (who will rename nameless) went to jump a tower in SO CA all by him self. He got serioulsy hurt and had to call for help. Subsequently, he blew the sight forever.

Patience.Sometimes you can´t jump.It´s that simple.
VRANK

Hey Vrank. You never jumped solo?

I got asked a couple of times to drive a jumper and/or be ground crew (amounts to the same thing anyway). With some jumpers I'm not comfortable doing this, with others, yeah sure, I'll go along...

So Joris, anytime I'm in the neigbourhood..... :P Or YOU are, but then I guess you'd have company anyway ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

75 percent of my base jumps have been alone, no cell phone, no one knew I was going, usually snuck out of my own house at two in the morning with other base jumpers there, because I like it that way and I like the very low ones. I have just came back from a trip if you want to call it that, where I did my three fav spots in about 3 hours time, the hightest being 360 and the lowest being 240ish. ya, hooray for all of us......

you must have 3 rigs or 3 objects werry close to were you were;)

I dont think i would let my fellas stay home sleeping,whith out asking them first if they want to join,but if it were a no,i would go myself aswell..

75 percent of my base jumps have been alone, no cell phone, no one knew I was going

you ever got injuryed?
hope you atleast carry a phone so if your awake you could call some to pick you up,if you cant do it your self..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hallo Saskia!
Yes,I have jumped alone.It is unavoidable...However it is something I prefer not to do.I strongly prefer sharing my jumps with the wonderful friends I choose to jump with.Sometimes,for whatever reason,you cannot jump.It´s that simple........... groente van VRANK

I strongly prefer sharing my jumps with the wonderful friends I choose to jump with.

This may be one of the wisest things that has been posted to this board in a long time.

For those of you who don't know Vrank, I recommend meeting him. Along with being one of the world's more experienced jumpers, he's a great deal of fun to party with. (Sometimes I feel a need to fill in bits of those blank profiles, to help people reading this understand the perspectives of some of the posters.)
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I strongly prefer sharing my jumps with the wonderful friends I choose to jump with.

This may be one of the wisest things that has been posted to this board in a long time.

I couldn´t agree more on that!

I feel fortunate since Vrank is living nearby and I have the opportunity to jump with him, learn from him and hang out with him on a regular base!

Vrankie, up for another jump soon...?

Thanks for the kind words.......I am packed!I will be anticipating a good time. VRANK

Yes they were very close together and no higher than 360 feet, fun stuff, and BASE jumping started way before cell phones were invented, Yes I have been hurt by myself and got home by myself. Not smart but I did make it home.

BASE jumping started way before cell phones were invented

im a young guy(28) i cant rember that far back:P:ph34r::D

Yes I have been hurt by myself and got home by myself. Not smart but I did make it home.

Lucky you could move,i couldnt move much as i were down out thereB|... and deafently better to get home than stay out there;):D:ph34r:

You do have the oppertunety to bring a cell phone now,if you dont want to notice any before,you could bring the cell,so you could get some fella jumpers to get you out of sight if somthing happened(if you can be removed from the sight),its all about not burning objects;)

Lucky me,my gf and her dad went out there to get me,they did mannege to hide my gear away,so my place is still coolB|

dont get hurt out there,solos are fun,until you get hurt,but you know about that:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber