rfarris

get off my ass already.....

This morning over our morning coffee, my wife out of the blue says, "I didn't get much sleep last night."
As the attentative husband I try to be, I says, "well why not?" She says, "All I could think about last night was this tower I pass by every day on my way to work, and how I want to see you jump off it." "It's a really cool tower" she says, "and I really think you could pull it off." "I WANT YOU TO DO IT":o

I'm like, "Okay", "Just get off my ass already about this BASE jumping stuff, okay.":S "I'll do it, just give me time".:|

I'm confused.

Rod

Edit: Congrats again Ted!! :)

the sky turned yellow and the sun was blue. B|

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

I'm confused.

How low is the tower and how big is your life insurance policy? ;)

I once had a girlfriend who said 'it would make me really horny to see you jump off that tower.'

Guess what I did?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

umm..

you jumped the tower, then went home and screwed like two horny gorillas? :$

edit: spelling sucks.

HA HA :ph34r::D

Tell us if it gives you more sex... it never helped that my gf saw it..>:( :ph34r::D

now if that tower is close to you and its 550ft,whats the reason you didnt jumped it yet?:P;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

now if that tower is close to you and its 550ft,whats the reason you didnt jumped it yet?

No excuse Faber.....

I'll get it tomorrow evening;)

Rod

now if that tower is close to you and its 550ft,whats the reason you didnt jumped it yet?

No excuse Faber.....

I'll get it tomorrow evening;)

Damn, dude. First the wife is on your ass, then when you go gripe to your BASE buddies, they're on your ass.

You just can't win. :P
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

It must be something they're putting into the Texas water, because my girlfriend was riding my ass last night how I kept talking about that B but hadn't jumped it yet (not to mention 346 :P) and needed to just go out do it. She then proceeded to kick me out of her apartment, under orders to jump the B and call her when I got down.

We talked about this on the tower a bit, but you story just ices it... you and I have two of the coolest chicks on the face of the planet! B| OK, Faber's sounds pretty cool too. ;)

Sometimes we see something and overanalyze things so much that we don't just go out and do things. A swift kick in the ass every now & then is always helpful. ;)

So go get that sucker!

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Easy now, my wife might read this thread. She might be the best BASE gal ever. As a matter of fact, there is more understanding, forgiving and supportive BASE girlfriend/wives than you could think of. And I don't just mean, "Watching you makes me horny", those are a dime a dozen. BIG ASSED CONGRATS on your B baby, and yer choice of ladies. Hope to see you in Moab sometime!!!
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

you and I have two of the coolest chicks on the face of the planet!

Ok, but how many of you are in relationships where both of you jump?

First Class Citizen Twice Over

No excuse Faber.....

I'll get it tomorrow evening

No need to explan;) i have this 300ft A just 5 min drive from my house out of 63 jumps i have jumped it 2 times,and only just resently(i were busted there before i ever jumped it,abit of the explanation).

Then i have this 140ft S just 45mins away,as all knows i only needed an S to complete the word,then ask Tom and others how long i have talked about this S whith out jumping it...;)

Simply you just need to be ready to that object:PB|
But what a satisfaction you get as you did jumped it...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you and I have two of the coolest chicks on the face of the planet!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, but how many of you are in relationships where both of you jump?
--

i do...:P i mean she jumps at me..not from the tower,however hse were a skýdive student last year,but kind of droped out becours she got an hard time by the instructors at the DZ(they really dont like me),how ever im planing to get her her licens next summer were ill bring her to another DZ to some AFF,hope that will do the trick and let me use her car for another 2 yearsB|;)

by the way girls has more than 2 hols,hand have nice boobies,now beat that:P:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

And I don't just mean, "Watching you makes me horny", those are a dime a dozen. BIG ASSED CONGRATS on your B baby, and yer choice of ladies.

I think you're doing an injustice to all the girls out there that get horny watching BASE jumpers - after all, without them there'd be a lot fewer BASE numbers issued, right?:P
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Hi Faber....

Just a follow up on my "I'll get it tomorrow evening"

Tomorrow evening has come and gone.

I drive out to this tower tonight, as planned. Just a slither of a moon. Some call it God's fingernail. I call it dark as hell outside.

I'm doing 30mph across farmer McNasty's field, with my headlights off, bumpity.. bumpity.. bumpity. My CD player is blasting, "Cowboys from Hell"--Pantera, another reason why Texas rules.
My post jump Coors Light longnecks are clanking around in my cooler. You being from Denmark, might not appreciate a good Coors Light. Let's just say BEER.

I park at my predetermined spot that I picked out just as I got there, I gear up, head out to the blinking red lights.
I make it to the fence that is around the tower, and I notice it has that razor wire shit on top of the normal barbed wire. My first encounter with the razor wire.
I go to one of the back corners where I usually like to climb over, and BLAM.. I set off a security light. Cool. Now I can see. I begin to scale the fence.
After a couple attempts to throw a leg over the razor wire, and a few deep lacerations, I say fuck it, this ain't working out.
I back off the fence about 10 yards, sit down, lick my wounds, and contemplate on what to do next. About seven minutes later, the security lights turn off.
I'm sitting there on the ground looking at the red lights, and I remember. A certain other jumper who I had the pleasure of jumping with last weekend, who just got his B and completed the BASE word, shared a little secret about a certain lock combination sequence.
So, I walk over to the front gate, the security lights don't come on there. Bulbs must be bad. I pulls out my red lensed flashlight, finger in the lucky combination number, and CACHINK...I'm in.:o This Bud's for you Mr. combination lock code knowing man who just got his B and completed the word.

Long story short Faber: I get to the half way point, the wind is down the wire big time. But I still climb to the top to check out the 360 degree crow's nest platform for future jumps. Climb back down, drink post jump beer.B| I'm working on a good drunk right about now.

Not trying to be a "paper hero", just sharing a story.:)
Rod

edit: spelling sucks

Brother ....
Its all about BASE;)... thats the nice part of it.. now.. could you send me some pics of your tower and the lock and some tricks:P oh and a beer as your working anyway:)
i learned some good stuff by this UK BASEjumper about wire fences.. however im too lazy to carry stuff like that,so i never tryed it.. he he

EDIT: i knows i spell like #### so i wont corect that,but just to say good storry;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Nice story Rodney. B| I was wondering if that sequence would work so far away from H-town.

Another tip on razor wire... car floor mats work really well to cover that nasty s#%^ up.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I'm doing 30mph across farmer McNasty's field, with my headlights off, bumpity.. bumpity.. bumpity. My CD player is blasting, "Cowboys from Hell"--Pantera, another reason why Texas rules.

HELL yea, I wish I had a jump for everytime someone asks me what that big CFH sticker is on the back of my BASE helmet.....Thanks for sharing the story, I hope to make it to the Lonestar state sometime...until then, here we come reach for your guns!
C-ya
Blair

Pantera? Cowboys from Hell? :o

What the fuck? Hard openings must affect both hearing and judgement.

Please let me die a messy death before I'm afflicted by such a horrible condition. ;)
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Its Pantera or country music, choose your poison. B|

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

OK OK, let's hear it for the girls who get horny just watching BASE jumpers. Seriously, God bless em all. And yes Narcimund, all the dudes as well.
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"