base570

Jumping with bicycles, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions about jumping with the aid of a bicycle, motorcycle, scooter etc. Should you keep it (no) or chuck it(yes)?What would be a good altitude to try it from? I think a bicycle would fall slower and thus create a hazzard by possibly coming down through your canopy after you open. How can you minimize the chance of this happening, besides not doing it;). I know it's been done before and I even remember JB jumping with a scooter and keeping it :o. What are some pros, cons and possible problems? Just trying to get some outside opinions...thanks

I have some old video of Carl Boenish & Phil Smith jumping off a once-legal-now-illegal E with stilts & a pogo stick. They had a rope tied to them so the "jumping aids" were just hauled back up after they went off.

Funny, funny video... :S

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I have a video with a jumper jumping a bmx bike off a fjord in Norway. He has plenty of time to jump, tumble, ditch the bike, and the track a mile away from it before deploying. The aftermath of the bike landing is pretty impressive!

the same apper in "first BASE" were they take off a bobsledge,i also think he gets a good track away from it so he awoid to get slamed by it.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Yo 570
Saw your island in the sky video, very cool, the bike idea will be really fun. I was amazed at the sound you made as you screamed past the cameraman. Very cool site, well done, hope I get to taste the fruits of your labor some day soon.
Take care,
Blair
PS ME, 515 and Gabe fliked Wed. night out at the regular spot, he's in town through the weekend.

yes it is a great site :)Hey if you make it, try to get a copy of Gabes video. I would love to see the kick ass shit he's been flicking.
See ya later,
Jason

No problem, you guys can compare notes on 'indoor' BASE!!!!!!B|
o AND he's got some really nice cliffs too.
Cya

No problem, you guys can compare notes on 'indoor' BASE!!!!!!B|

From what I've heard, he's got me beat>:(
Freefall is better than a SL anyday of the year!!!!

One guy called Jussi Laine made a skydive with a bike. He also deployed and landed with it. (made the flair sitting in the saddle)

I know this wasent BASE but it was a cool stunt anyways.

One guy called Jussi Laine made a skydive with a bike. He also deployed and landed with it. (made the flair sitting in the saddle)

I know this wasent BASE but it was a cool stunt anyways.

I met Jussi when I made the journey to Norway in 1999. He was experimenting with all sorts of camera set ups while he was there. Very cool angles!! Just like the one in the pic. Hey is that Mikel(sp?) from Sweden with him in the pic??
Landing with a bike sounds pretty hairy to me... glad it work out for himB|

Hey 570 I haven't done that site yet just GC'ed for the guys that did it. The guys that did that one definitly earned it. The video of the new sites you and 515 have been finding looks awesome. Sorry I missed you guys in the RDU cell while I was in town too many weddings :S(drinking):S.
Later
Gabe

Too bad you didn't make that jump, it sounds absolutly awesome. I'll be booking a plane ticket very soon to jump it with you;)
Keep in touch
Jason